What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Eagle's Nest Projects - Central HS (WI) - Magnus Schoreder 1st SOLO

Special Delivery

Well Known Member
Eagle's Nest Projects - Central HS (WI)
8/8/2019

Magnus Schoreder - 1st SOLO FLIGHT

When Mr.Lund jumped out of the plane and I was going through the checklist to get started on my own, I felt pretty nervous. When I took off, the worry disappeared and I felt excited and confident with flying. I never thought I would be doing this by the time I was 16 so I want to thank Mr.Senft, Mr.Lund, Mr.Ferguson, and anyone else who gave us this opportunity. - Magnus Schroeder

Magnus%20Solo_x-L.jpg

Remarks from the Mentor/Support Team

- Dan Lund, Magnus's Flight Instructor
Solo day is always one of my favorite parts of instructing. I’m not sure who is more excited, me or the student pilot. Magnus has always show a great attitude and a natural ability in the airplane. He’s been a quick study and pleasure to fly with over the past few weeks.

Our day for the solo at Burlington Airport (KBUU) the wind was around 230 at 6 knots for runway 29. We did three quick traffic patterns and Magnus did great job handling the small crosswind. I sent him off on his way as his parents and I watched from the ramp. He did three picture perfect traffic patterns and landings and finished his last one just as the sun was setting. Well done Magnus!

- Jim Senft, ENP Project Director
Magnus is a great builder and is becoming a great pilot. He is one of those kids that you enjoy having around. Hard-working and takes on every challenge with a positive attitude. You might have seen, talked, or if luck took a picture with Magnus at Airventure. He enjoys building, flying, and enjoying life. Congratulations to Magnus.

Last edited:
Back