What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

The RV Bucket List

N941WR

Legacy Member
In a different thread Bob A. listed the states he and his wife have landed in with their RV and I thought it would be a cool thread to list the states each of us have landed in with their RV.

Bob A. said:
State Landed RV there
Alabama X
Alaska
Arizona X
Arkansas X
California X
Colorado X
Connecticut
Delaware
Florida X
Georgia X
Hawaii
Idaho X
Illinois X
Indiana X
Iowa
Kansas X
Kentucky X
Louisiana X
Maine
Maryland X
Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri X
Montana X
Nebraska
Nevada X
New Hampshire
New Jersey X
New Mexico X
New York
North Carolina X
North Dakota
Ohio X
Oklahoma X
Oregon X
Pennsylvania X
Rhode Island
South Carolina X
South Dakota X
Tennessee X
Texas X
Utah X
Vermont
Virginia
Washington X
West Virginia
Wisconsin X
Wyoming X

My List:
Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
California
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
Florida X
Georgia X
Hawaii
Idaho
Illinois X
Indiana X
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky X
Louisiana
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan X
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York
North Carolina X
North Dakota
Ohio X
Oklahoma X
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina X
South Dakota
Tennessee X
Texas
Utah
Vermont
Virginia X
Washington
West Virginia X
Wisconsin X
Wyoming

It looks like I need to stop taking so many local trips!

Only 3 yrs, but

We've only made a few trips in the three+ years.

Northern California
Southern California
Nevada
Arizona
Utah
Idaho
Montana
Oregon

Wow I didn't know there are so many states. I've been to some - Florida California Washington and Maine I have to catch on Bill :D

Bill,

What is you schedule like this summer? We can work on that!

Come on up here to either Maine or Mass.

:) CJ

With apologies, I've bought my 9A at the very end of October 2012 and at this point only have 10 states to my name. I should add a few more states this weekend...and two Canadian Provinces.

Arizona
Kentucky
Maryland
New Jersey
New Mexico
North Carolina
Pennsylvania
Tennessee
Texas
Virginia

States-Visited.png

Last edited:
Looks to me like youneed to head northwest Turbo!

No fancy map for me, but I counted 24 states visited with our RV's so far. Too much work to figure out which ones went where....

So here's another (Texas based) map with some glaring holes in the NW... in 6.5 years and 1050 hrs flying I've done 22 states so far. I'd like to cover all of 'em but seems like my flying and traveling has slowed down a bit lately. I'll get back to it one of these days; Washington, Oregon and Idaho are pretty much at the top of my to-do list.

2m7exys.jpg

Almost 49, How Many Airports is the Real Question?

I've managed all of the lower 48, plus a few islands. I have time in an RV9A in Hawaii... :D. The link in my signature line shows all the airports 339A has landed at as well.

221 Airports. :cool: It now takes two pages to list them all.

7ksh.jpg

Regards,

I thought the whole idea with RV ownership was to pass over lots and lots of states and arrive at the destination state as quickly as possible. I had quite enough years plodding along at 80 knots with a gas stop every 2 hours ;)

All lower 48, and I just knocked off Alaska, and now have my sights set on Hawaii. I'm going to rent or borrow something that flies. :eek:

5 logbooks / 38 RV states

States I landed my RV in
Alabama X
Alaska X
Arizona X
Arkansas X
California X
Colorado X
Connecticut X
Delaware
Florida X
Georgia X
Hawaii
Idaho X
Illinois X
Indiana X
Iowa X
Kansas X
Kentucky X
Louisiana
Maine X
Maryland X
Massachusetts
Michigan X
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri X
Montana X
Nebraska X
Nevada X
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico X
New York X
North Carolina X
North Dakota
Ohio X
Oklahoma X
Oregon X
Pennsylvania X
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota X
Tennessee X
Texas X
Utah X
Vermont
Virginia X
Washington X
West Virginia X
Wisconsin X
Wyoming X

I had to go through 5 logbooks to find out that I have landed my RV in 38 states. I want to say that I landed in Minnesota and North Dakota but did not find log entries so am not counting them.

USA - AK, AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, KS, LA, ME, MN, NC, NE, NM, NV, OK, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI
Canada - BC, YK, NB, QC, NU
Greenland
Iceland
UK
Ireland
France
Spain
Portugal
Belgium
Netherlands
Germany
Denmark
Sweden
Italy
:D

Yep

I thought the whole idea with RV ownership was to pass over lots and lots of states and arrive at the destination state as quickly as possible. I had quite enough years plodding along at 80 knots with a gas stop every 2 hours ;)

I'm with Dan on this one. I've been to Arkansas and Wisconsin, passing over a bunch of States. Lets change this query to "How many States has your RV passed over?"

Best,

It's not about the destination

It's about the journey. I'm looking forward to visiting ALL of the lower 48 when/if the plane gets finished. I'm also looking forward to NOT needing to stop at all of them on the way home. :D

FWIW, I've been fortunate enough to travel to all 50 states, and fly into all but four (though I was burning someone else's gas). All of them are worth visiting, even New Jersey. ;)

At this point it is about the personal memories and what is important to you

My list is just for the RV and I couldn't count it if I didn't land there. The preplanning based on charts and range, then implementing the plan transition from flying to landing, successfully completing the visit (and I do remember special things about the FBOs) or the decision to land without a plan and make it work are all part of my memories. Your list, if you choose to make one physically or mentally, is up to you. After all it is for YOU to reflect back on and derive some joy from - it's not a competition.

When I made up my list it was triggered by a post about all the places a fellow RV builder had visited in his first year with his new RV but I expanded to suit my own parameters eliminating the 1 year restriction.

I was mildly tempted to check off states I have landed with our previous Archer II but I didn't feel like that conformed to the spirit of the original post. If I made a list that was dear to my heart it would be all the places Jeanine and I visited together even though I could expand that with places I "visited" in the Air Force it just wouldn't have that special significance to me.

If you are old enough to get enjoyment out of thinking about the past and making a list then you should make it your way ...

USA X
Mexico X
Canada X
Curacao X
Bahamas X
England X
Ireland X
Scotland X
Wales X
France X
Germany X
Poland X
Slovakia X
Hungary X
Switzerland X
Spain X
Italy X
Portugal X
Monaco X
Morocco X
Venezuela X
Martinique X
St. Thomas X
Puerto Rico X
Granada X
Greece X
Turkey X
Austria X
Finland X
Russia X
Liechtenstein X
Czech Republic X
China X

(Favorite city - Paris)

Bob Axsom

Last edited:
I currently have 37 states in the 170, and plan on 3 new ones this summer. After that, I'll only have 9 to go in the northeast and New England to complete the goal of 49. When the -7 is flying, I'll start the list all over again.:cool:

Mine has been to 4 states, coast to coast twice, and it's not even flying yet. Does that count? :D

Trips I want to do someday:

Circumnavigate the US
Idaho back country
Alaska

Back