What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How far have you flown in your RV?

How far have you flown your RV?

• Total voters

turbo

Well Known Member
this is for your rv flights only. how far have you gone? world rounders congrats!

KBOW - CZJN

Bartow, FL to Swan River, MB, 3407nm round trip. Not as far as many here, but it was a great little trip. Does the Gulf of Mexico to Lake Manitoba count as coast to coast?

Last edited:
flights

Flight length?
I have had my RV out to Vans several times from my pearch down here in North Texas. Including the last Home Coming at Sunset Airpark,1997. Vans home airport.
Several more times to Idaho, back country.
Been to the Bahamas and Florida several times too.
A coupla trips to Water Town, NY
All of the Bad Lands Fly-ins, Vettermans Hot Springs, SD.
Haven't missed but one, RV Gentle Pleasures Fly-in,,, the last one, in Weatherford,OK. Loved the Las Cruces, New Mexico Fly-Ins
Oshkosh 9 times, got the mugs ;)
The adventure continues..............

Last edited:
Longest flights

Longest RV flights are the 3 flights annually, from NW Oregon, (McMinnville,) to appx 80 miles from Mexico @ KUDD and back via AZ and NV with various side stops making it over a 2000 mile trip to visit family. Leaving in about 3 weeks for the next one. Wahooo.

How Far

Also asked could be how far have you flown on one 42 gal fill up. I flew my RV-8 from Casa Grande (KCGZ) to Georgetown (KGTU) non stop, 731nm, 4+20, still had 5 gals onboard. Started out with slight headwind, then a crosswind, then a light tailwind.

Last edited:
Livermore,CA to Vernal, UT and back...

...still learning to stretch my wings. We did the trip out non-stop but stopped in Provo on the way back to replenish the O2. I wish OSH was in the cards but work gets in the way. Maybe next year...

First year of flying my RV-9A :)

Picture1-6-2.jpg

to any moderator, i have set the poll for 1,000 days. it says,

'This poll will close on 07-02-2012 at 05:48 PM'. any help appreciated. :)

With my daughter Haley in July 2010, Cincinnati to Friday Harbor(San Juan Islands, Wa.) to Hyannis, Mass. and back to Cincinnati. 12 days.

Coast to Coast

49FD - Gretna, Florida to 3U2 - Johnson Creek, Idaho

2005, Bar Harbor, Maine. 2006, Torrance, Calif. and Newport Beach, Oregon.
(nobody said it had to be ONE long cross-country)

Not bad for a plane built by two novices in a garage in Butler, PA.

TEAM DK
"Dave & Kathy"

Poll Closed?

We need some help here. Turbo started a cool thread but it is closed already. I want to see more....

Longest in one day, approx 1000 miles taking a long route from Minorca in the Mediterranean back to Lincoln in the UK. Strong headwinds all the way! Nearly 7 hours flight time, left Minorca at 10:30am arrived home about 8:00pm. Mrs T navigated all the way... :)

These RV's are awesome!

Mark T

How far North have you flown?

Here is a photo of my old GPS taken in 2001 of the farthest point north that I have been in my airplane. (Yes it is north of the Arctic Circle.)

GPSLatLonoverArticCircle.jpg

Also, here is a photo of Rosie and Tuppergal in N628PV over Ft Yukon Alaska taken from my airplane.

N628PVoverFtYukonArcticCircle2.jpg

Yes that is the airport just over the top of the canopy on the other side of the river.

If I look, I should also find photos over the Bahamas. I know that others have those images on their web sites.

What a disappointment to see this thread revived, but the poll closed.
I'm not one of the three people who could legitimately tick the last row, but could make a start on the one above.

I just beat Gary's furthest North too at 69?15'N 051?W

I was going to brag and say coast to coast, but then again there is VLAD which puts us all to shame :)

"You have already voted in this poll"

Can I move my vote down one row:D

The real leaders of the pack are Jon Johannson, Manuel Queiroz and Bill Randolph. 5 Circumnavigations between them in RVs. More than for any over marque of homebuilt.

gary, i didnt see the thread closed.you all right? :confused:

my odometer on the 430 is closing in on 500,000 miles.whew. :eek:

Turbo, my reply was 2 years ago. However, right now I'm fishing in Georgia and I'm doing as good as can be expected considering I'm 600 miles from my RV-6. :D :D

I will vote in the revived poll soon though.

Last edited:
The real leaders of the pack are Jon Johannson, Manuel Queiroz and Bill Randolph. 5 Circumnavigations between them in RVs. More than for any over marque of homebuilt.

Mark these fine gentlemen are in different league. You are among us and you hold VAF olive branch. I am readying for some latitudes/longitudes this summer but not of that magnitude as yours. I won't cross the pond. :D

1559 Miles In One Day

Well, I just made the trip home to Denver (KFTG) from Florida (KGIF) yesterday. 1559 miles in one day, 9:15 total flight time. Had great weather leaving Florida and even maintained a 10-15 Kt tail wind all the way Oklahoma. :D I uploaded some pictures on the RV Builders and Flyers of Colorado Facebook page. Looked something like this:

map.gif

Regards,

Last edited:
longest flight

Portland, OR to Denton, TX non-stop! with stops, Portland to marsh harbor, abacos island, Bahamas(twice!). Portland to anchorage, AK

how far

3800 NM total. CYSA to Independence Oregon and return for Van's Home Coming. August 2012

Dave RV-7 C-GCPD

Don't know the number of miles but I flew the perimeter of the continental USA in my RV 7 one summer. Did it over a period of one and half weeks.

Back