What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X Non-Touch with GSU 73 and GPS 175

fasilpereira

Well Known Member
I am installing a G3X Non-Touch with a GSU 73 and I would like to know if it is possible to connect a GPS 175.

I remember that someone on the VAF had installed the GPS 175 with the non-touch G3X, but I'm not sure if he was using the GSU 73 or the GSU 25.

Looking at G3X the Installation Manual, I don't see any Inteconnect Drawings for this configuration. The GPS 175 manual only list the G3X Touch as a compatible device.

Thank you,

Fabricio

I am installing a G3X Non-Touch with a GSU 73 and I would like to know if it is possible to connect a GPS 175.

I remember that someone on the VAF had installed the GPS 175 with the non-touch G3X, but I'm not sure if he was using the GSU 73 or the GSU 25.

Looking at G3X the Installation Manual, I don't see any Inteconnect Drawings for this configuration. The GPS 175 manual only list the G3X Touch as a compatible device.

Thank you,

Fabricio

Fabricio,

Yes, the GPS 175 should work fine with a G3X (GDU 37X) system with GSU 73.

Here is an example wiring diagram.

GPS175_GSU73.png

As noted on the drawing, you can't use the Connext interface to transfer flight plans from the GDU 37X to the GPS 175, but that doesn't affect your use of the GPS 175 as an IFR navigator.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Where did you got that wiring diagram from? I couldn’t locate it on the G3X Installation Manual.

Thank you,

Fabricio

Hi Steve,

Where did you got that wiring diagram from? I couldn’t locate it on the G3X Installation Manual.

Thank you,

Fabricio

Fabricio,

I made it.

I have a GSU 73 in my plane, so it is similar to my GNX 375 installation.

Steve

Back