Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

VAF on Twitter:
@VansAirForceNet

Old 12-02-2022, 04:40 PM

Smile Thank you

The responses have been very educational. Iím sure everyone is right about the on-line flight reporting services and their lack of accuracy compared to actual flight. In my ignorance I assumed all readings would be close if not the same. What brought this all to light was my concern for what altitude others were seeing me at in their cockpits. On nice days it can get pretty crowded on the East Coast and although I donít totally rely on it , itís nice to have a second set of electronic eyes watching for traffic. I WILL check it out with ATC on the next flight .
Old 12-02-2022, 10:42 PM

As I said before:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalinHdz View Post
GPS altitude is best for not colliding with things on the ground. Barometric altitude is best for not colliding with other aircraft.
2022 Donation made
www.PuertoRicoFlyer.com
Old 12-03-2022, 01:14 AM

I think most adsb-in systems donít display target altitudes. Since adsb data contains both gps altitude and pressure altitude, the system displays an apples to apples difference: either the difference between target gps altitude and on-board gps altitude, or the difference between pressure altitudes. It then displays targets as 100í higher, 200 ft lower, etc. Either data difference should be accurate, easily understood, and you donít have to worry about actual indicated altitude.