What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

TW -EXP119 FW fuel fitting clocking

SabreFlyr

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Per page 31-11, the firewall fuel fitting should be clocked 5° to the right side on a taildragger. Before I commit to that, I'd like to confirm that this position is correct for the -EXP119 engine as well. I'll probably confirm with the Mothership unless someone here has confirmed it for themselves.

Hey Ray, I just did this last night and am trying to figure out why on page 31-05 it has you clock this fitting to 25 degrees and then has a different clocking on page 31-11.

On page 49-03 it looks like it would be 5 degrees from vertical (taildragger).

I'm not going to really worry about this as I know that I will clock it as needed when installing the FWF fuel hoses.

Marc

Hey Ray, I just did this last night and am trying to figure out why on page 31-05 it has you clock this fitting to 25 degrees and then has a different clocking on page 31-11.

I do remember Greg or someone from Van's commenting on a thread here that the page 31-11 depiction was the correct one.

I'm not going to really worry about this as I know that I will clock it as needed when installing the FWF fuel hoses.

Bingo, not something to fret over...

I guess I was thinking about the instruction to seal it with ProSeal but that can certainly be left for later. Just one more thing to flag in my construction manual.

Move forward. Since there is no nose gear to worry about, and the discharge hose is straight/straight, certainly it can move around alittle. But if you want to put a protractor on it-:eek:

Tom

Move forward. Since there is no nose gear to worry about, and the discharge hose is straight/straight, certainly it can move around alittle. But if you want to put a protractor on it-:eek:

:D Like I could even FIND my protractor! Actually, I gave some thought to emailing you about this. Appreciate the input.

Your cabin fuel lines are going in without any snags. Love your work!

5 degrees is correct

Thanks, Glenn!

Marc

Good discussion on this issue on page 31-05 of the wiki plans

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xu5p6f4l7tso79j/AABHaMhiVWFGoal2bU0ck0pJa?dl=0

Back