What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X STUCK ON AFCS UPDATE FOR 45 MIN.

flysrv10

Well Known Member
How long will it take for a G3x Touch V8.72 software update? Mine has been stuck for a 45 min and says do not remove power. Thanks.

How long will it take for a G3x Touch V8.72 software update? Mine has been stuck for a 45 min and says do not remove power. Thanks.

We could probably use a little more information than this in order to help.

If you are updating software, except for the primary GDU 4XX displays, you should be in configuration mode looking at the System Information page and watching the progress of the PFD updating each device in the system.

It sounds like perhaps it is having trouble updating a GSA 28 servo, but monitoring the progress on the System Information page would confirm this.

You can press the MENU, BACK, and NRST buttons at the same time on PFD1 to reset it, then immediately press and hold the MENU to bring PFD1 up in configuration mode without removing power.

With a G3X Touch system, you can go in/out of configuration mode all day long without cycling power.

Once in configuration mode, go to the System Information page and watch the software updating process.

If you are having trouble updating one of the system devices, power off everything on the CAN bus but PFD1 and this device, and see if it will update when updated in isolation.

Steve

Last edited:
We could probably use a little more information than this in order to help.

If you are updating software, except for the primary GDU 4XX displays, you should be in configuration mode looking at the System Information page and watching the progress of the PFD updating each device in the system.

It sounds like perhaps it is having trouble updating a GSA 28 servo, but monitoring the progress on the System Information page would confirm this.

You can press the MENU, BACK, and NRST buttons at the same time on PFD1 to reset it, then immediately press and hold the MENU to bring PFD1 up in configuration mode without removing power.

With a G3X Touch system, you can go in/out of configuration mode all day long without cycling power.

Once in configuration mode, go to the System Information page and watch the software updating process.

Steve

It is stuck on AFCS (Automatic flight control system?) update even after removing the power and the SD card. I will get more info based on your suggestion. Thank you.

Probably way off base, but do you by chance have a separate switch for your autopilot? I do on our RV-7 and it kills power to the servos. Just a thought...

Probably way off base, but do you by chance have a separate switch for your autopilot? I do on our RV-7 and it kills power to the servos. Just a thought...

I have an AP switch and I have it on during the update. So far still stuck under AFCS update without the SD card inserted.

Magnitometer has failed. No further info on it on G3X. Servos have good network connection but failed update.

I heard that there is a way to force update on G3X. Anyone knows how?

Back