What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Raven inverted oil install help

SMRacer

Well Known Member
Patron
I'm getting ready to install a Raven inverted oil system in my RV8. I'd like to see an actual install in ANY RV. If you have the Raven system and are within 150 miles of Leesburg, VA (KJYO) please contact me. Hopefully we can set up a meet the next time you anticipate having the cowl off.

Raven

I added Raven inverted oil systems to both my RV-8 and my wife's RV-3. We are in Little Rock but if you're this way I'd be happy to show you the installs. If you need specific info don't hesitate to reach out. There's also FaceTime if needed.

The system is simple, but obviously must be hooked up correctly and there are a few tricks that can make the system work better.

I put the oil valve on the lower right firewall, height according to instructions. the air/oil separator is installed on the engine mount with Adel clamps. Note that I´m using a Superior sump, so install height of the valve and hose routing varies.

Here are a few pics from my install:

qE1XbAz.jpg

4HRqP2W.jpg

jeenO9D.jpg

Thanks, but

Appreciate the help and pictures, but I'd still like to see an actual install. I'm not particularly knowledgeable when it comes to engines.

Expand the distance I'm willing to travel to 200 miles from Leesburg, VA

Back