What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

O320/ Sensenich GA pitch starting point?

rjcthree

Well Known Member
Those of you running a Sensenich GA driven by a 160-ish HP O320, what pitch pin did you end up with? I?m looking for the 2700prm/8000? DA target. Thanks!

Those of you running a Sensenich GA driven by a 160-ish HP O320, what pitch pin did you end up with? I?m looking for the 2700prm/8000? DA target. Thanks!
I have that on my derated O-340 and started on Pin 4. That's been fine and I haven't experimented with anything else. Great climb rate and 145KTAS cruise at 2400RPM @ 8500'.

I started at Pin #4, then later tried Pin #5 (where it is currently). I didn't detect a whole lot of difference (+/- a knot or two).

Thanks....static?

Hi guys, thanks. What are your static RPMs at your current setting? Thanks again!

I am on pin setting #4. Field elevation is 350'. Lycoming 0-320 160 hp. I get 2250 rpm on climb out and 2710 rpm straight and level at 2500'. Leg and gear fairings installed and it did really make a significant difference with the fairings off.

Static RPM

So I got the first chance to really make a static run on the ground with new Sensenich GA, and saw 2300 full rich, DA about 250 ft. With any leaning I can likely get to 2350rpm static. I?m set at pin four. I?m thinking I should go to pin five. Any feedback? Thx, Rick

So I got the first chance to really make a static run on the ground with new Sensenich GA, and saw 2300 full rich, DA about 250 ft. With any leaning I can likely get to 2350rpm static. I?m set at pin four. I?m thinking I should go to pin five. Any feedback? Thx, Rick

If you put a single layer of electrical tape on the 4 pin, you?ll get roughly a 4.5 pin. That may be enough. Verify The size with a caliper. There really isn?t a lot of difference between pins.

Back