What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dual Instruction Needed - Jackson, MS

Webb

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Kahuna test flew my RV7A (N32WW) today and put it through the paces. Video to come.

According to my insurance policy, I need 2 hours of dual prior to solo. It doesn't specifiy the division of ground or flight, but that you should have both.

Here comes the rub - I can't do this in my own plane since it is in phase 1. Since Kahuna's is an 8, it couldn't be done in his. We spent a good hour of time in discussion about technique and engine break-in, minor squawks, etc... and I feel confortable about the ground portion. What I need is some flight time in a comparable plane such as a 6A or 7A.

Is there anyone out there fairly close that might be able to help out? As always, expenses covered.

Congratulations on the first flight!

Kahuna test flew my RV7A (N32WW) today and put it through the paces. Video to come.

According to my insurance policy, I need 2 hours of dual prior to solo. It doesn't specifiy the division of ground or flight, but that you should have both.

Here comes the rub - I can't do this in my own plane since it is in phase 1. Since Kahuna's is an 8, it couldn't be done in his. We spent a good hour of time in discussion about technique and engine break-in, minor squawks, etc... and I feel confortable about the ground portion. What I need is some flight time in a comparable plane such as a 6A or 7A.

Is there anyone out there fairly close that might be able to help out? As always, expenses covered.

Webb,
It was windy and rough over here in north Louisiana today.

I sent you a PM with the name and phone number of an instructor in Monroe, LA with an RV-7A.

Mark

Last edited:
Woo-Hoo!

Webb,

Congrats on the first flight! Yeah buddy!! Lookin forward to the video and pix!

Good luck with the training, and happy flying (soon, very soon!)

Cheers,
Bob

I love you guys

Webb,
It was windy and rough today over here in north Louisiana today.

I sent you a PM with the name and phone number of an instructor in Monroe, LA with an RV-7A.

Mark

You guys are the greatest. Thanks so much.

BTW - I've been so wrapped up in me the last 2 weeks that I neglected to to tell you congrats on your first and I like the color combo. Reminds me a military scheme I've seen. Are you going to stars-n-bars it?

It was rough and windy here also. Wait till you see the video. I would venture to say that N32WW got a taste of yank and bank as Kahuna showed it who was the boss.

You guys are the greatest. Thanks so much.

BTW - I've been so wrapped up in me the last 2 weeks that I neglected to to tell you congrats on your first and I like the color combo. Reminds me a military scheme I've seen. Are you going to stars-n-bars it?

It was rough and windy here also. Wait till you see the video. I would venture to say that N32WW got a taste of yank and bank as Kahuna showed it who was the boss.

Webb,
I probably will add the "stars and bars" at some point. Below is a photo from yesterday at Farmerville, LA (F87). The 8A is owned by Zack Spivey and Wayne Petrus. When they fly over the "stars and bars" on the bottom of the wings look great.

Wayne said he pulled up at an FBO in Monroe and the lineman said, "Sorry sir, you're at the wrong FBO, we lost the contract to fuel military aircraft". :D

Back