What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

F-01474 Top Side Skins. Edge break?

WayneJ

Page 10-29 step 1 has us break the edges of the of the F-01475 Top Skin where it overlaps the F-01474 Top Side Skins. That makes sense and I did it. But unless I missed something the lower edges of the Top Side Skins do not get a break where they overlap the F-01473 Side Skins. Seems to me it should be done here too. What's everyone else doing here?

Yes, I broke every skin edge where it sits over another. Before dimpling. Vans will mention it specifically in some cases and not in others.I relied on my common sense... whenever it was available to me

If I recall correctly the lower edge of the top side skin is a butt joint, not an overlap because both upper and lower side skins are riveted to the longeron.

Just did this part myself. I did put a break in the entire lower portion of these skins, including along the angled portion and the straight portion under the rear window.

If I recall correctly the lower edge of the top side skin is a butt joint, not an overlap because both upper and lower side skins are riveted to the longeron.
It is overlapped and I did break the edge. I don't recall it was pointed out in the plan specifically.

Back