What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cleco shortage

nohoflyer

Well Known Member
Patron
How are you handling the cleco shortage? I need about 100 1/8 (copper) clecos and everything is on back order!

When I need more clecos than I have, I just ask around to see who has a bucket they aren’t currently using that I could borrow - at our airpark, we have a number of builders with lots of clecos, and everyone has a paint color dabbed on them so they find their way back to the owner...eventually....

Have you tried Aircraft Specialty? Yeah he's my business partner, but does stock some----I got 100 for working on a---project--

Tom

I bought a few hundred on Amazon, you might check with them. Boulderfly or some such name, worked just fine.

New, never squeezed, from Avery so you old guys know how long I've had these

100 per bag,
US$70 per bag - plus shipping.

Attachments

• clecos.jpg
    clecos.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Is there really a cleco shortage? Yardstore.com (fortunately in my hometown) has them. Normal price, looks like they're in stock. Worked great to build my plane.

Look behind your workbench. I usually am able to score an additional handful from there when needed.

I bought all my clecos on eBay. Got heaps and heaps of them and still almost ran out when working on the wings. So... many... holes...

I just acquired some from Cleaveland Aircraft Tool. They don't have wedge-loc, brand but the alternatives they sent are working fine.

Back