What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What gets ink off the seat

dan carley

Well Known Member
Probably a lot of people did this ink
Stain on the vynal seat. I’m not sure what to use
To remove it. Anyone know what to us?

Danny carley
15vr

Whatever you try it's best to test in a spot that isn't visible first. Some materials respond well to rubbing alcohol. It evaporates though, so the trick is to cover it with Saran Wrap.

Be careful though. Vinyl includes chemicals called plasticizers which are what make the material flexible. Many cleaners can deplete the plasticizers leading to cracks down the road.

Last edited:
Try isopropyl alcohol. That's the ingredient in hairspray that works. You'll get a higher concentration from a bottle of isopropyl than from hairspray. Also, check the concentration on the bottle of isopropyl. I've seen it from 95% down to 50%. A higher concentration is better.

That'll buff out.

I've used DuPont car polish, to good effect, if it's smooth vinyl. Just don't grind it in in one spot, feather it in with a wet wash cloth.

I had sharpie all over brand new ultra leather (fancy vinyl) seats and it was suntan lotion that did the trick. Worth a try.

I use a product made by Schaeffers call Citrol. Works pretty well, spray it on a rag and not on the seat directly. As someone suggested try it on a area that's out of sight to be sure it doesn't harm the material. Good luck!

Back