What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aerobatic Coaching

I started flying an RV-8 about two years ago and have been having a blast. Prior to that I was flying a Super Decathlon and was able to receive some basic aerobatic instruction. I was able to transition the maneuvers (loops, rolls, spins) I was doing in the SD to the RV-8 without much trouble, but am at the point where I would like to clean up my current skills and learn some more. No desire to compete, just looking to have fun. Was wondering if there is anyone in the AZ (or nearby) RV-community that I could hire for some coaching.

Thanks,
Keith

Keith Fournier
RV-8
N86CL

Hi Keith,

You don't have to compete in order to join an IAC chapter. And you're in luck because there is a chapter right in your home town!

IAC 62
Tucson, AZ
President: Ron Chadwick
Meetings: Every 4th Monday TBA
Pegasus Air Park
Queen Creek, AZ AZ 85142

Give them a call and I'm sure they can help you out. Most chapters have practice days where you can get FREE aerobatic instruction.

Let us know what you decide on. I'm not sure whether a Super D or Extra course would be a better transfer ability to our RVs, since our acro weight is so low. I was considering Greg Koontz.

Let us know what you decide on. I'm not sure whether a Super D or Extra course would be a better transfer ability to our RVs, since our acro weight is so low. I was considering Greg Koontz.

I think either would transfer to the RV. Greg would be an excellent choice.

I'm not sure whether a Super D or Extra course would be a better transfer ability to our RVs, since our acro weight is so low. I was considering Greg Koontz.

Super D is MUCH closer to RV acro performance than an Extra, and the Super D forces you to learn good rudder technique, which can even be applied to the RV. ;) Don't spend money on an Extra if you're just looking to refine the fundamentals.

Back