What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin Tray

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtw_rv6

Well Known Member
What do you do when the used GNS420 you bought didn't come with a tray? They are over $550 on Ebay :eek:

Answer:
Print one!
oP9.jpg

I'll fabricate the metal tube to support the front end and rivet it to this ABS housing. The connectors were over $100 for the pair. All in for plastic and sheet metal - ~$20. Of course, I spent the better part of Saturday modelling the housing in Solidworks.

Don

... or you could pull the scam that someone on eBay pulled on me. They bid on and won a nav radio that I listed. After sending the unit to them, they said they wanted to return it. But they returned an empty box. EBay found in their favor and required me to refund the entire purchase price, plus the cost to ship the empty box.

That one cost me about $2500!

... or you could pull the scam that someone on eBay pulled on me. They bid on and won a nav radio that I listed. After sending the unit to them, they said they wanted to return it. But they returned an empty box. EBay found in their favor and required me to refund the entire purchase price, plus the cost to ship the empty box.

That one cost me about $2500!

Wow!! That's rough.:mad: Even after you told Ebay, they flat out stole from you, they still ruled in favor of the bad guy? What if you had simply refused to return the money? (That's a lot of money) What could they do to you? Or do you maybe need to use Ebay a lot for other things? Me----I can live without Ebay.

Ouch. That's harsh. I knew that unit didn't have a tray, so this wasn't anything I didn't plan on.

I wonder if you could get the shipping company to give you records of the actual shipping weight on the empty package. Using the mail for fraud is a felony.

The transaction was done via PayPal. EBay just took the money right out of my PayPal account (which was linked to a credit card.)

There is a plus to the transaction. Since the purchased equipment was "returned", eBay refunded my transaction fee. And since I refuse to do anything on eBay - I won't buy and I won't sell - every month I get a statement saying that I have a $13.11 credit on my eBay account. Unfortunately, they refuse to refund the credit. I have to use it on a future transaction.

Not gonna happen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back