What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Flow sudden changes..Red Cube bad?

miyu1975

Well Known Member
So after 800 hours I noticed my FF went to 25 GPH.. Never seen it that high before. On my next leg home I noticed on several occasions the FF went from 10 GPH to 20ish..,level flight, Crz mode, finally settling on its typical 8 GPH for the last few hours of flight home. No other changes noted, all temps remained the same.. etc, Red knob never moved.

I suspect my red cube is going bad, or perhaps the connectors need cleaned up.

Are the red cubes known to go bad and are they serviceable?..

Thx
Ryan

Likely a connector - if you've got a wire making intermittent contact it looks like a legit pulse from the Red Cube as it makes and breaks contact. I had the same thing happen with mine at about 50 hours post-install, cleaned up my wiring and all was well.

Red Cube Prolems

My Red Cube would not indicate at all, generally after initial start. Then at some point it would start working normally.

Check the posts by Vic Syracuse. He says their life is limited if not heat shielded. Mine his about 500 hrs. of use. He has installed a new one and added heat shielding.

Picking it up tomorrow, but my guess is it will be fine now.

Mine went bad like that after 300 hrs. I had to buy a new one and this time I put heat shield on it. Will see if that helps. They are a weak product!

Back