What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Seat selection

Drippy

Well Known Member
Guys,

I would love to get your opinions. I am getting ready to order my seat covers and wanted to hear what peoples experiences have been.

So far I have identified Aerosports, Clevealand Tool, Classic Aero and IFLYRV10. Though I reached out to the IFLYRV10 guy and haven't heard back so I am not sure if he is still active.

Any other suggestions? Or comments about these options.

Thanks

Two RVs both with cloth seats from DJ at Cleaveland (after my one and only leather seat car I vowed to never do leather again).

First RV has been flying for 14 years - the seats look like the day I put them in. The RV-10 has been flying for 4 years. Next RV seats will be from DJ as well.

If you go with DJ make sure you tell her if you will or will not be doing a five point harness for the rear seats.

Carl

You can't go wrong with the Aerosport seats. Here are mine...

IMG_2762.JPG

IMG_2765.JPG

IMG_2761.JPG

upholstery for seats

I got my combination leather and cloth seats from Oregon Aero about 2 years ago. Couldn't be happier.

The center of the covers, where he you really need them to breath is cloth. Everything else is leather. I love the smell of leather.

I ordered them at Oshkosh and got a great show discount

You can't go wrong with the Aerosport seats.

I couldn't agree more!

Aerosport was fantastic to work with, and their upholstery work top notch! I also went for the adjustable rear seat headrest option. I'm thrilled with the way the entire interior (all Aerosport) turned out.

(Note the pictures below were shortly after the seats were installed in the plane. The leather has naturally tightened up more since then)

5bY9Xsxh.jpg

vTJYFUZh.jpg

RSX1Ndph.jpg

P42YPQah.jpg

Vvanoeth.jpg

Interiors and seats

My wife hates leather. Abby at Flightline did a superb job of making heated seats for our RV-8, cloth.

Yeah Bill, my wife is not a fan of leather either. Good thing I had the leather seats before the wife!!!! Love my leather. I do find it funny how folks are very biased one way or the other though.

We Like leather, but now live in SW Florida. I was told synthetic leather ie ultra leather breaths where leather does not. How is leather vs cloth and or synthetic for comfort in a Florida summer.

Wow!

Guys,

I am always amazed how much effort everyone puts into sharing info. I am extremely thankful.

We are have samples from Cleveland and I just requested some from Zac at Aerosport.

Sounds like everyone was happy with there selection which is also great to hear.

Thanks again!

We Like leather, but now live in SW Florida. I was told synthetic leather ie ultra leather breaths where leather does not. How is leather vs cloth and or synthetic for comfort in a Florida summer.

I've had cars with leather seats that would leave my back soaked with perperation on a warm day. Both my Aerosport seats and the seats in my car have perforated leather. This has made all the difference! Make sure to ask Zac about perf'd leather as an option.

At Sun n Fun. Oregon Aero has a special for front seats covers, rear seat foam and cover. They are offering 15 percent off. Total package in leather 3200, just FYI. Correction 3300 dollars. My bad��

Ed, thanks for that info too

Last edited:
Welcome to VAF!

Guys,

I am always amazed how much effort everyone puts into sharing info. I am extremely thankful.

We are have samples from Cleveland and I just requested some from Zac at Aerosport.

Sounds like everyone was happy with there selection which is also great to hear.

Thanks again!

This is EXACTLY why you should not take VAF for granted. Doug has created a very special thing here, and we aim to keep it that way. Pay it forward, pay it often...

Back