What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Exhaust crack

hobby_rv6

I found a crack in my Vetterman exhaust (275 hours). Can anyone recommend a shop in the DFW area to repair this crack? Or should I contact Vetterman and get them to repair it?
It's difficult to see, but the crack extends up to and along the left side of the weld for about an inch.
The riser pipe on the right of the picture goes to cylinder 2 and the pipe going to the left is the crossover pipe to cylinder 1.
The crack is right under cylinder 2 on my Lyc O360.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Hobby Stevens
Abilene, TX

2mflva0.jpg
[/IMG]

I'd send it to Larry. He may just replace it but at least it will let him see where/how it failed and make improvements for later version.

I found a crack in my Vetterman exhaust (275 hours). Can anyone recommend a shop in the DFW area to repair this crack? Or should I contact Vetterman and get them to repair it?
It's difficult to see, but the crack extends up to and along the left side of the weld for about an inch.
The riser pipe on the right of the picture goes to cylinder 2 and the pipe going to the left is the crossover pipe to cylinder 1.
The crack is right under cylinder 2 on my Lyc O360.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Hobby Stevens
Abilene, TX

Back