What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Control Approach Special Edition Rudder Pedals

jeffwhip

Well Known Member
I just wanted to share a picture of the Control Approach Special Edition rudder pedals that Paul Grimstead completed for me. They look awesome!

open

open

Nice. Those look really nice. I had talked to Paul last year, but my build schedule and his release schedule did not line up. Looking at this photo makes me really second guess my decision to just move forward with the std pedals.

I also really like your power cable. Have you put an ohm meter on that? What sort of resistance are you looking at for the rear mount battery cable length? ;)

pedals

Looks really nice! I wanted to use Paul's pedals and spoke to him some years ago but he stopped making them...Time marches on and I ended up with the stock pedals installed and now Paul's are available again...

Oh well...

I actually have not run the power cable yet. I'm going to run a rope through there to get an idea how long to make my cable runs.

You can reach out to Paul and see how long it will take him to produce a pair. Since mine were the prototype, it took a few months but I wasn't in a hurry to get them until now.

I was obviously joking about the power cable (rope). It is tempting to reach out to have some pedals made, but at this point I am limiting changes as I want to get in the air!

Those look great! I was also wanting to use Paul's stuff but had to push on with my build. It all worked out because I'm using the Aerosport trim control which isn't compatible.

Actually...

Actually, it MAY be possible to use the Aerosport rudder trim with the new printed arms...I think all they need to do is alter the arm to fit the new sized torque tubes...

Zac...?

I have the Aerosport rudder trim system but haven’t looked at it yet. I’m hoping there’s a way to make it work.

Back