What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Quickbuild fuselage join to tailcone

Tmartin66

OK guys, I have a quickbuild fuselage and am ready to join it to the tailcone. There are some pulled rivets at the very aft end of the QB fuse just forward of the rivet line where the fuselage and tailcone mate up. I'm guessing that they are temporary rivets used to hold everything in place while shipping from the Philippines. With that being said, I'm also guessing that they will need to be removed prior to joining together the two halves(fuse & tailcone). I don't find any reference to these "temporary rivets" either in installation or removal. I feel like removing these will allow an easier join. Anybody run into this? If so what did you do?

You need to remove those

You're right, they are temporary rivets to hold things securely in place during shipment. You need to get them out, and make sure both ends of the rivets are out of the way before you join the two fuselage sections. Joining them should go very smoothly, although I found an extra pair of hands - and eyes - to be a huge help. I just did this on September 1 with one of my daughters helping.

Have fun!

Back