What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Voice recorder

echoooo

Hi all.
Is there some device that could be connected to a GMA 240 audio panel to record and play last communications as the GMA 347 is capable?
Alain

Years ago when doing my Phase I flight time, I used a very small voice recorder. I put the small microphone in my headset earcup. The recorder could be programmed for different recording modes; I used the voice activated feature to keep the (recorded) dead time to a minimum. After each flight, I would transcript the recordings into hard copy in the comfort of the FBO.

I purchased the recorder from one of the big box office supply stores. It was small enough to fit easily in my shirt pocket. I think in this mode the recording time was 36 hours.

Phillips

There are a lot of small voice recorders on the market that can be plugged into the headsets either by mini-jacks or with adapters.
I have Lightspeed Zulu 3 headsets and plug my voice recorder into the jack on the controller. This permits recording of all communications and intercom throughout the flight.
So, depending on what headset you prefer, you may be able to accomplish the recording without having to "rewire" your system to connect to your audio panel.

Swap the 240 for the 245 which has that feature built in along with many other improvements.

Back