What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Plane Crazy at Mojave This Saturday

Laird

Well Known Member
From a Friend:

Subject: Legendary Plane Crazy Saturday at KMHV on 10/19

Thought it might interest you all to know about a particularly good Plane Crazy Saturday coming up at Mojave Airport in two weeks. It will be celebrating the 40th anniversary of the first flight of the Long EZ.

? Guest speakers Burt and Dick Rutan and Mike Melvill
? Bob Scherer is bringing Beechcraft Starship NC-51
? Zach Reeder (former Scaled test pilot) is bringing Catbird
? Dustin Riggs is bringing Dick Rutan?s Long EZ ?Ole Blue?, one of the first two built side-by-side after the proof of concept prototype
? Mike and Sally Melvill will be bringing the other first plan-built Long EZ

I?m sure the list of guests will keep growing as the date approaches.

Thanks

Thanks for the update. Always appreciate this kinds of post for things to do on weekends because i got my head down building and sometimes dont see what is in front.

Plane Crazy PIREP

Wore my Vans Aircraft shirt to Plane Crazy at Mojave on 10/19/19. My -6A is safely in the hanger in Houston, so I didn’t fly-in. The Plane Crazy day’s focus was the 40th Anniversary of the Vari-Eze.

My $2 raffle ticket won the Dick Rutan signed and framed picture of Voyager. Got Burt Rutan and Mike Melvill to add their autographs too.

Rod MacDonald flew his RV6 in from KSNA, and attracted a crowd, parking near the fleet of Vari-Ezes! bruceh photos, POST #3, caught me and Rod comparing notes about our 6s. Cargo pants and sandals for me! Bruce’s 9 is a beauty!

Carl

Last edited:
Back