What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X software version 8.30 available

g3xpert

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Hi folks,

We're pleased to announce that software version 8.30 for the G3X system is now available on our website. This update adds support for some new engine sensors for Rotax applications, as well as adding two features that some of our more high-velocity customers have been asking for:

Dual-Cue Flight Director - The vocal crowd of jet-drivers and ex-jet captains should be pleased to know that the depiction of the flight director on the PFD is now user-selectable between the existing single-cue ("bat wings") style, and the alternate dual-cue ("cross-pointer") style. So if you are used to flying with a dual-cue flight director, you're in luck!

Mach Reference Speeds - Perhaps not quite as applicable to the typical RV, but appreciated by our turbine friends, is the ability to configure reference speeds as either indicated airspeeds or Mach numbers. This includes Mmo and up to four custom Mach reference speeds, which are dynamically displayed on the airspeed tape at the appropriate position for your current pressure altitude.

We especially want to thank our loyal customers, who suggested both of these new feature additions. We try to listen to requests from the field and respond with new software enhancements as we're able, so keep the feedback coming!

As with all G3X system software, this update is free. To see the complete change list and to download the free G3X 8.30 software installer, click here.

thanks,
- Matt

Software is loaded, I don't see a menu option to change the style, from bat wings to the alternate dual-cue ("cross-pointer") style.
Thanks,
Tim

Hello Tim,

On your PFD display, press the Menu key to see the PFD setup page, press the "MORE" softkey, and change the "Flight Director" item to "Dual Cue".

- Matt

This is nice, I think it will be easier to hold wings level while hand flying.
null_zpse6194e65.jpg

Dual cue display

Matt,

Thank you!! the dual cue flight director aircraft symbol is exactly what i was asking that Garmin add as an alternative to the single cue.

Very good to hear that Garmin listens... hence the reason that I selected my G3X in the first place.

Thanx again. :)

Victor

Great to have another update, thanks Team X.

For me, the following features will make G3X just perfect!!!

1.- an option to change barometric setting from inches to hectopascal in flight.

2.- quicker way to change screen brightness not so hidden under menus.

3.- be able to use FD for hand flying without need to buy and install GMC305, I don't have more space in my panel, is full of Gramin stuff.

What do I miss from Garmin GTN650

1.- An automatic way that GTN show distance to the VOR that you have selected, DME like.

2.- if you have a flight plan with a few waypoints and you make a direct to, the system will erase waypoints in between, I would like that GTN offer the option to leave the waypoint likes abeam (this is the way navigation system on big planes works).

I really wish to have some of this on update 8.4:D

Cheers,

Fernando

Last edited:

[snip]

3.- be able to use FD for hand flying without need to buy and install GMC305, I don't have more space in my panel, is full of Gramin stuff.

[snip]

Cheers,

Fernando

Ditto on the above and add a course offset so two planes flying together can do so with a constant horizontal spacing

Pilotless

I'm waiting for some WAG to suggest that all you need is a datalink, and you can fly it from home! :p:rolleyes:

Keep them coming!

Thanks Matt and the software guys. What you are doing is helping not only the little guy but every one by letting us all start speaking and thinking in the same format. Cool stuff guys, THANKS, good work, lets keep it coming.
Yours as always R.E.A. III # 80888

1.- an option to change barometric setting from inches to hectopascal in flight.

2.- quicker way to change screen brightness not so hidden under menus.

What do I miss from Garmin GTN650

1.- An automatic way that GTN show distance to the VOR that you have selected, DME like.

2.- if you have a flight plan with a few waypoints and you make a direct to, the system will erase waypoints in between, I would like that GTN offer the option to leave the waypoint likes abeam (this is the way navigation system on big planes works).

Cheers,

Fernando

One more thing guys, would be possible to add flight path angle, so we will be able to descend with angle that way is a lot better for NPA without VNAV like here in Chile (no waas)

Back