What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Revised KAI 50-05 for Throttle Spring Retaining Plate

n74846

Well Known Member
I've got a legacy plane and plans. Is there a newer KAI 50-05 showing the detail of the Spring Retaining Plate assembly? Where is it accessible online?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks for the reference. Is there any newer plan drawing that shows the the full disassembly with the plate, a 3-D drawing with the order of assembly, or is it exactly the same as a 2014 drawing with the exception of the plate?

I believe tighten the throttle cable bracket nut to the shaft with 24 inch lb's torque.]

Incorrect ... Per Rotax specifications the throttle shaft nut is torqued to 44 in lbs. This specification can be found in the older versions of the illustrated parts manual ... Which is Handy to keep around for quick access to non-standard torque values and locations requiring special lubes, sealants, ect.

I finally got around to installing the retaining plates and found all of the screw heads partially stripped. Of course, three came out and one won't budge and the head is completely stripped. Are there any 'clever' ways to remove the screw without slotting the head or drilling out. I had two A&P's look at it and neither was interested in messing with the carb body. Thanks for any ideas.

Perhaps the screws had thread-locker applied in which case heat will soften it. A hot soldering iron will transfer heat to the screw head and threads.

As far as botched screwdriver slot - anybody's guess...

Back