What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I gotta go on a ride with DADDY

Wesael

Well Known Member
Today when I was playing in the shop I saw daddy pushing the RV-10 out and then started pushing the RV-8 out.

I said: What are you goin ta doo?

He said: I gotta run to a close airport to drop off some parts for a job.

I said: I wanna go! :D

He said: Well maybe you can.

We went inside to get some stuff an I told Mamma: I'm gonna go with daddy in the RV-8 maybe! :D

So we got a lunch box for me ta sit on and got all straped in.

IMAG0825.jpg

We did the mag check right here.

IMAG0826.jpg

IMAG0827.jpg

IMAG0828.jpg

Daddy thinks this was a perdy good day to fly but he says any day is a good day to fly :confused:

IMAG0831.jpg

All done it was a big job but me n daddy got it done :)

IMAG0832.jpg

How old is your daughter? I have a 20 month old son and am trying to figure out an appropriate point to take him for his first (non-airliner) ride. Right now, it is a no-go until I'm convinced he won't take off the headsets while we're out and about. RV cockpits are loud and little kids and their ears are sensitive to that...

So cute!

She is pricelessly cute! Can't wait for mine to be at that stage.

Like Kyle I am trying to figure out the right time for an introduction to flying. I also need to figure out what headset will be most comfortable for her.

Reminds me of taking my daughter to Omaha one time so she could be a flower girl in my cousin's wedding. My son had just been born so the wife couldn't go, so it was just the two of us and a very special trip.

That's a beautiful story, she's such a cutie pie!

I have several grandchildren that I can't wait to take up for rides, when I get my RV finished. With mom's permission, of course. The oldest one (now 7) has been quite involved "helping" me in the shop.

P1030467%20(Small).JPG

P1020180%20(Small).JPG

Here comes a loop!

Hey Bruce - Snap!

n4e5bc.jpg

Older one about to fly - when I can trust her to leave the stick and the PTT alone. Both spend hours watching the same two Oshkosh youtube videos ;-)

Cheers...Keith

Last edited:
How old is your daughter? 2years
She was born a premie (2lb 4oz) in the nicu for 30 days, came home at 3lb something.

No known problems.

Took her for the first ride to Virginia in the airplane about 2-3 weeks after she got home.

Been flying ever since.

Her little sister was born premie also at 4lb 6oz been flying since a month or so old.

Hey Bruce - Snap!

Older one about to fly - when I can trust her to leave the stick and the PTT alone. Both spend hours watching the same two Oshkosh youtube videos ;-)

Cheers...Keith

Hey Keith,

Are you able to get away with loops in an RV-12, in Scotland? Hahaha If not, better take the stick away from those kids!

Seriously, they are WAY too cute! Aren't grandchildren wonderful?

I wonder if these kids will realize flying isn't "normal".

My son went for his first ride when he was 12 weeks old. The sunglasses are from Build-a-Bear.
T%2520at%252012%2520weeks.png

This picture was taken last week (he turns four next month) on the way to Grandma?s.
IMG_3750.JPG

I found that if you remove the seat back, the booster seat works quite well.

Back