What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Perfect Monday

Vlad

Well Known Member
I am off. As soon as T-storm moved out I am up and southbound.

1-2.jpg

2-1.jpg

Picked up the cousin and we go to Maryland for lunch. See those chemtrails up there? Airplanes with letter F make them. :D

3-2.jpg

Landed here.

4-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

Had this. Tasty but pricey!!! Cousin's turn to pick up the tab. Lemme order extra dessert. :D

6.jpg

This is the route. Two tracks.

Picture1-1.jpg

Cousin dreams of his own airstrip and we went to look for one. This what we found and buzzed. Space Shuttle long.

7.jpg

8.jpg

Cousin at the back overseeing the procedure. Like correction officer - DON'T TOUCH IT!!!

9.jpg

Then we went to see ghost ships. These monsters are hidden in the middle of the bay. They are sitting there and not moving. They are there like maybe a year that's why we have fuel prices so high. So we checked them out. No crews no pirates observed :D

11.jpg

12.jpg

Next was excursion to the show box. To clarify things here - cousin recently was Airboss for an air show and all those smokey fast metal guys were flying here

13.jpg

Of course AirBoss can fly here. Wanna know where I was? Faaaaaaaraway :D

photo.jpg

How was your Monday?

Show the dessert picture!

What the Russian fails to tell is that big runway was Dover AFB. I talked them into letting us do a low approach...NO GA IS ALLOWED TO TOUCH THE RUNWAY! We could have been violated if we touched restricted concrete....Russian was 5 ft off the deck and descending....I had to order a correction!

Show the dessert picture!

What the Russian fails to tell is that big runway was Dover AFB. I talked them into letting us do a low approach...NO GA IS ALLOWED TO TOUCH THE RUNWAY! We could have been violated if we touched restricted concrete....Russian was 5 ft off the deck and descending....I had to order a correction!

Riiiight 5 feet. It was 300' the runway is too wide and you got a parallax.

This is the dessert with accompanying bill :D

dessert.jpg

top.jpg

What else am I authorized to tell the Air Force? :D

watchman.jpg

Monday, monday

That's pretty dang good for a monday. I chased a nav light out to my wingtip and removed 54 itty bitty screws before getting at the problem. Funny thing is, my monday seemed pretty dang good too, just different...and without yummy dessert.

Cool day, nice pics, thanks for sharing

Looks like I'm going to have a talk with the chef at 53VG. The menu will definitely need an upgrade to compete with that shrimp dish ... of course, that also means the prices will go up too :)

A 25% tip. Did a "pilot" do this ??

I HAD to leave a big tip. In less than 30 minutes, Vlad got the bartenders phone number (yes, a female) and one of the waitresses email addresses. He was talking them up, some in Russian! He was bragging like some big shot, "I live in NYC", "I have my own plane", "I drive a Beemer"....as a good wingman, I couldn't blow his cover!

Riiiight 5 feet. It was 300' the runway is too wide and you got a parallax.

This is the dessert with accompanying bill :D

top.jpg

What else am I authorized to tell the Air Force? :D

What restaurant is the bill from? I want to make sure that I never go there.

Gary you HAVE to go there. Highly recommended. It's one of the best places I've ever been (second to only 53VG) their employees are all foreigners on exchange visas :D

A 25% tip. Did a "pilot" do this ??

My first thought was, "if it was a pilot, I want to see pics of the waitress!" ;)

I HAD to leave a big tip. In less than 30 minutes, Vlad got the bartenders phone number (yes, a female) and one of the waitresses email addresses. He was talking them up, some in Russian! He was bragging like some big shot, "I live in NYC", "I have my own plane", "I drive a Beemer"....as a good wingman, I couldn't blow his cover!

My second thought was "now I want to see pics of the bartender!" :)

(and you're obviously a very good wingman Tony!)

Aw c'mon Gary...I'll buy, you tip...we can arm wrestle for the phone numbers! :p

Gary you HAVE to go there. Highly recommended. It's one of the best places I've ever been (second to only 53VG) their employees are all foreigners on exchange visas :D

See Gary! And it'll only take us 30 hours of Avgas to find out! :D

Great story Vlad and Tony!

Cheers,
Bob

Vlad, it appears you passed right through wild and wonderful Cecil Co., Md.. How did you miss us? :(

With tips like that you guys will ruin our bad reputations!

Need Closer Supervision

In less than 30 minutes, Vlad got the bartenders phone number (yes, a female) and one of the waitresses email addresses. He was talking them up, some in Russian! He was bragging like some big shot, "I live in NYC", "I have my own plane", "I drive a Beemer"....as a good wingman, I couldn't blow his cover!

Please, PLEASE tell me you guys didn't sing "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling!"

Vlad, it appears you passed right through wild and wonderful Cecil Co., Md.. How did you miss us? :(

With tips like that you guys will ruin our bad reputations!

Dave you just didn't provide the necessary clearance for him to land ...

"A Dinner invitation - LOL"

So not only are you a good wingman, you're footing the bill! Well done Sir. :D

Dave you just didn't provide the necessary clearance for him to land ...

"A Dinner invitation - LOL"

Dave, does Vlad ever have to pay for dinner? In real life I think he is the guy in the Dos Equis beer commercial. You know, "The most interesting man in the world", " Mosquito's don't bite him out of respect" . It appears Vlad and I share at least one thing, we will fly for food!

Dave, does Vlad ever have to pay for dinner? In real life I think he is the guy in the Dos Equis beer commercial. You know, "The most interesting man in the world", " Mosquito's don't bite him out of respect" . It appears Vlad and I share at least one thing, we will fly for food!

YES!! That's it. I knew I had seen his picture somewhere. Well, in my minds' eye anyway. Way to go (and go and go...) Vlad.

Vlad's no cheapskate

For the record, when I bought a dinner ticket off Vlad a couple years ago at the Vans dinner at Oshkosh, he used the money to buy the table a round of drinks...

Of course I think that was prior to first flight. Now he spends everything on avgas (or maybe bartenders and waitresses) :D

Back