What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Float type fuel level senders

xkape

So I'm currently working the tanks on a 7, and when bending the float wires for the fuel level senders, I did them both wrong. Everything else is great but I need to find new wires to hold the floats. Am I stuck buying two new senders for $.50 of steel wire? I called stewart-warner and they weren't much help, and I didn't see anything on "the list" from Van's.

I have thought about using a random piece of steel wire but my issue is that the bend that holds the float seems a little too difficult to form. I may run to the store later and pick up some welding rod and see what I can do

So I bought some 3/32 welding rod and was able to bend it and it turned out pretty good. The rod I bought is a bit more malleable than the supplied steel rod, but I'm not worried about it. I'm gonna attach the float to the rod with some tank sealant and I'm sure it won't give me any issues.

float.png

float1.png

float2.png

I'd take the part number sticker off the rib, don't want that floating around in your tank.

Back