What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

A TOMATO FLAMES

NinerBikes

Well Known Member
Curious, what the minimums are for gauges on a EAB built RV-12. Completely Old School instrument panel in the pictures I saw.

As I understand it, a Magnetic compass is required, but is that as back up or redundancy for a Bank indicator/turn indicator with gyro and attitude gauge, which is required or is not required?

There's an interesting RV-12 for sale recently that seems to have a few things missing, or maybe I just didn't see where they were located?

Just asking for a friend, on a tight budget.

If EAB, and you restrict yourself to day, vfr, then nothing is required. Now common sense might dictate otherwise, but the FARs don’t require anything.

I thought the Part 91 required instruments applied to all types of airworthiness certificates.

Read 91.205. It starts out stating that it applies to "Standard" certificated aircraft only. Experimental Amateur-Built are issued "Special" airworthiness certificates in the "Experimental" category.

Last edited:
I guess I've been spoiled by having a bank indicator turn indicator to step on the bubble to prevent yaw while climbing and attitude indicator in the glass EFIS of my Skyview.

This one, to me, looks like it was built on a shoe string budget, could be hard to sell, compared to almost all other RV-12's out there.

Back