What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X Software Update

boearl

Well Known Member
Patron
WooHoo! GARMIN has released the G3X 8.91 update! I’m reading through the updates. Looks like great stuff. I especially like the displaying of the Navigator’s TOD/BOD for VNAV ops. Many Thanks to the GARMIN Experimental and software folks!

Well…maybe not!🤬

I may have posted too soon. While reading the 8.91 updates on the GARMIN website, it did not differentiate between Xi navigators and non-Xi 650/750 navigators for VNAV TOD/BOD display. Reading the post from Justin from GARMIN, it seems to be that the non-Xi 650/750 are not included in these major feature updates. For me, that is a major disappointment.

Yep, what incentive would there be to upgrade if all the new features were available on the non Xi units? There's a plan afoot there....

+1 on support for TOD/BOD with the GTN 6XX series. These are expensive units and software support should continue.

Very frustrating that the differentiation between the Xi and non-Xi navigators is largely what Garmin chooses to enable in the software. Proves in my mind, that the hardware difference wasn't enough to justify the cost for most people.

Back