What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

HDX setup

ERJDriver

Well Known Member
Hey all,
Buddy bought a 10 with dual HDXs. Couple questions;

1. Autopilot is massively sensitive and tends to over correct specifically in the pitch axis. I've tried playing with the gain but don't know what I'm playing with, it was purifier set at 10.

2. Is there a way to change the engine fields on the bottom or the left side destination field of ETA etc to fuel over destination?

Thanks

Hey all,
Buddy bought a 10 with dual HDXs. Couple questions;

2. Is there a way to change the engine fields on the bottom or the left side destination field of ETA etc to fuel over destination?

Thanks

The HDX has 4 options The Fuel Remaining, Fuel Used, Fuel Efficiency, Fuel at Waypoint, and Range (in time). Section page 6-6 of the Users Manual. They are available for placement on the Engine Pages via the Screen Layout Editor.

The user and installation manuals are available on the Dynon site.

Autopilot tuning guide

Dynon has an autopilot tuning guide for their systems. Download it and go through the steps. Do the steps in order. Stop adjusting that axis when performance is good. Do not just jump in and alter settings or you will not be happy with the results. When asked to help with a system not performing well it is usually because the owner has done this. Reset the values to default and run the tuning guide. You usually only have to do two steps.

I use the default values in the tuning guide in my -10 and have perfect results. Have the capstan SV32C servo on the elevator.

Took a very experienced small jet pilot for a ride and he played with the AP and said it was as good or better than anything he had flown.

Dynon has an autopilot tuning guide for their systems. Download it and go through the steps. Do the steps in order. Stop adjusting that axis when performance is good. Do not just jump in and alter settings or you will not be happy with the results. When asked to help with a system not performing well it is usually because the owner has done this. Reset the values to default and run the tuning guide. You usually only have to do two steps.

+1 The most important one to follow very closely is the IAS hold/overshoot procedure.

Back