What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

VS-1015

Chris7

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help me out here, I have accidentally over done the countersinking on the VS-1015. Wondering if anyone is close enough to their kit to measure the thickness because I forgot before I left my shop and now I won't be back for a week. If I have the aluminum I will just make a new one.

Otherwise I have to order which has some lead time with shipping to me.

Thanks!

Thanks! As I suspected I don?t have that size. However I managed to find a friend who will be in LA this week so I?ve had it shipped to his hotel.

First lesson on paying closer attention!

Thanks! As I suspected I don?t have that size. However I managed to find a friend who will be in LA this week so I?ve had it shipped to his hotel.

First lesson on paying closer attention!

Yeah I looked in the trim pack and there is nothing that thick.

FWIW I usually test the countersink on a piece of scrap bar before taking it to the part. Especially if I?ve changed from flush to recessed and vice versa or I don?t know where I left it.

I?ve also thought about doing some sort of flag system but I haven?t come up with something that works.

I did run into a problem with my countersink cage. The internal spring was too long and it would occasionally pop and sink anywhere from 0.002?-0.020? deeper. It actually ruined the vs main spar! I clipped that spring and it has worked perfectly since.

Yes I got a bit ahead of myself. I guess I should double check my spar too! from memory it didn't touch the spar caps so I think my main spar is ok.

From now on I will have a good piece of scrap ready to test

Back