What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RVs / Owners at KRNM?

Walt D

Hi all. I've taken the plunge with an RV-14a empennage order. I'd Be interested in gawking at any RVs that may be in the area. Are there any clubs or groups in the area that meet occasionally? Also willing to help out if anyone needs an extra hand for a task where two is not enough.

I am a newbie PPL.

Thanks, Walt

Hello Walt,

There are a number of RV's at Ramona and Gilespee. I have a -10 at KSEE that I would be happy to show you and answer questions.

I know there is a small EAA at Ramona that meets there every other month or so.

Give me a call six one nine 977-2893 or drop me an e-mail at edahlkamp@hotmail dot com.

Ethan

I'm at Ramona, and can show you my RV-9A. There are about a dozen RV's within a stones throw from my hangar. EAA 286 meets on the first Saturday of the month. Multiple RV builders are members.

Walt, are you aware of the WIKI? see the link in my signature. For Edit access I need an email to send an invite. Otherwise the link is good for read access.

ALSO If any one is using the WIKI and has not purchased the electronic plans Vans offers please do so, I DO NOT want to take away from their sales flow.

Hi Walt
I have an RV6A I built 20+ years ago based at Ramona. Also help my hanger neighbor do occasional repairs and maintenance to his RV14A along with a few others. It’s a great idea to interact with RV flyers and builders during your construction. I had great support from other builders, bounced hundreds of questions off of them during my 7 year slow build model construction. I also live in Poway.
Eight 5 Eight 9 2 two 8 0 five six

Walt, If you haven't seen Bruce's builder site I suggest you check it out. He did a great job of documenting the build process. I have referred to it many times.

I'm in Ramona some times but mostly in northern CA. However, if you have questions or need another set of eyes let me know and if I'm around I'd be happy to help.

Back