What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GDL GPS puck placement

Skint

Well Known Member
Anyone put their GDL 82 GPS puck on the glare shield of a 7A tip up with good results?

Last edited:
To piggyback on this topic, can most GPS antennas "see" thru plexiglas canopies or fiberglas canopy skirts reliably?

George

To answer both previous questions, yes they can. They work very well in that position.

GDL 82 antenna

I mounted mine fwd of the firewall, as far up as possible. I have been told the thing will work fine there by many users, but my luck does not always work the way I want it to.

I?m gonna also put a switch/breaker on the TXP circuit, and also run the GDL power on that circuit so any formation flying can be done ?clean?. Again, many others say this is a good setup for formation work.

I expect to get the system up and running this week. - I will report back either way.;)

I had my mechanic mount it aft of the baggage bulkhead here because I did not want to see the antenna!:D
8cHyA9f.jpg

I installed the GDL gps antenna on top of the glare shield of my 7, and I have had no issues.

Last edited:
Back