What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon Roll Servo Wiring Question

Doug94

Well Known Member
Re: Wiring of Dynon roll servo to vans supplied AP wiring harness.

I presume I match up the colored wires to the corresponding colored wires in the vans supplied molex connector. There is one extra wire in the vans supplied wiring harness, White w/black stripe. Does anyone know what that wire is for?

-D-

I can't comment on whether or not Van's harnesses use the same wire color convention as Dynon but I would ohm out each pin and wire to be sure of where they go. I needed to shorten an additioanal Skyview harness I got from a large supplier and found out the wire colors of this one harness were not the same as the colors called out in the Skyview manual or the ones I got from Stein.

Last edited:
Vans Wiring Harness update

OK I talked to the mother ship...... Here is there assessment for future reference

Although the 14 is made to support the Dynon equipment, the harness which is constructed by Stein is more generic. The Dynon servo is a seven (7) wire servo which may not be the same in other manufactured autopilots. Use what you need and disregard the rest of the wires. For those of you that do choose Dynon the molex connector is a 12 pin connector where four (4) pins are jumpered leaving a capacity for eight wires. If you match them up it leaves the white/black stripe wire unused. Don't worry about it just remember your wire call-outs when you connect the autopilot connector at the wing root when wiring up the system.

What makes a servo better

What makes one servo better than the other for the RV14? What do I need to look for?

Back