What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Plastic brake line - where to buy ?

vinzer

Well Known Member
Hello everyone!
Where can I buy that brake line tubing (white color, paraflex 1/4 O.D. and 1/8 I/D with wall 1/16" ?
I think I can order from VANs but shipping costs kill :eek:
Tried to look at Spruce but was unable to find exact same one with similar I.D.

During installation somehow I cut one line a bit shorter than it should be. I know that VANs provides enough length to make one mistake..... but I made it twice :D

Thank you!

Yes shipping costs ....
I just ordered a Vans hat, cowl plugs for the 10 and tiedown rings for the wings. 21$ for shipping usps.

Yes shipping costs ....
I just ordered a Vans hat, cowl plugs for the 10 and tiedown rings for the wings. 21$ for shipping usps.

US shipping is still fair, ask me about costs to ship to Canada :rolleyes: FedEx ~$75-80 for <2lb package, USPS ~$45-50. Ouch!

Grainger

Try Grainger
https://www.grainger.ca/en/search/?...+1/4+od&nls=NLSAA_7&statusCode=NLSAA_7|95.0%#

I found a lot of difficult to find hardware and tools there when the aviation departement at Canadian Tire or Home Depot did not have what I was searching for.
I bought stainless steel rod for the baffles, pneumatic connectors for the static/pitot lines, orange torque marker, 3M 2" wide electrical tape, a 5/16" allen socket, and more...
If you don't find your need online, call or go in person. The people here in Quebec are awesome to work with.

You can buy as an external customer, no account needed, and you have the items shipped free to a nearby concession.

There's a few in BC...

Last edited:
Brake tubing and parts

I think if you copy the part number off the tubing you will find it on Spruces website, they also have the other parts like brass inserts that one might drop and loose…

Thank you very much everyone for helping me out with this ;)
Exact type/model of this tubing as was mentioned above is: PT-062X1/4

Back