What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GRT AVIONICS INCORRECT MAP ON PFD

craig.roser

This must be my week for phantom changes . . . .

Somewhere along the way, MAP began picking up an incorrect value. It's correct on the EIS. I wonder how it's determining 1279?

Attachments

• 20210920_103744.jpg
    20210920_103744.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 128
Something doesn't look right ...

This must be my week for phantom changes . . . .

Somewhere along the way, MAP began picking up an incorrect value. It's correct on the EIS. I wonder how it's determining 1279?

I noticed that your scale for MP seems to be off. I am assuming a normally aspirate Lycoming (I may be wrong), so the max value you need on the display is say, 35" Hg.

Also, you should be able to set the "system" up so that all values are simply passed through from the EIS and displayed by the EFIS **just as passed along**.

Therefore, I think you have some wrong settings somewhere.

I have multiple displays with the EIS "out of sight". ALL items are properly displayed on the EFIS.

I noticed that your scale for MP seems to be off. I am assuming a normally aspirate Lycoming (I may be wrong), so the max value you need on the display is say, 35" Hg.

Also, you should be able to set the "system" up so that all values are simply passed through from the EIS and displayed by the EFIS **just as passed along**.

Therefore, I think you have some wrong settings somewhere.

I have multiple displays with the EIS "out of sight". ALL items are properly displayed on the EFIS.

James, I'm pouring over the manuals, looking for how this could have gotten out of whack. How do I set up the EIS so it just passes MAP to the EFIS?

One guess

Since you’re showing 1000rpm can we assume the engine is at idle? And the correct MP is 12.79”? Look for somewhere the data is being sent as ‘integer’ instead of ‘decimal’. IIRC this depends on how many memory slots are assigned to this in the EIS.

So I was able to change the label to GS but the data in the box did not change . . . .

[EDIT] . . . . and that's because you get to choose what goes in each of four places, data or a label. PROBLEM SOLVED!

I will go on record here, GRT Technical Support is wonderful! Specifically Jeff D. I called and left a message, but I also sent an email. I heard back late at night by email. Frankly, if I had read the manual the third time I would have got it but Jeff was kind and professional even though he was explaining something for probably the millionth time to the inexperienced.

Last edited:
Back