What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Time to move up to a 14

Crafting N112DR

Well Known Member
I'm letting go my beloved Van's RV-12iS because I want to build a 14.
My RV-12iS is an ELSA. Airworthiness was signed on January of 2020. I have the Garmin G3X touch duel screen with auto pilot, CO detector, strobes, position lights and duel landing lights with steady or wig wag, carpets, sidewall covers, control stick boots. Interior 100% primed with AkzoNobel Aerospace 463-12-8
Condition inspect just completed. Engine and airframe have 36 hours TT. Built by an A&P (Me) Please PM me if you would like more info.
see my listing https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?t=195781

Attachments

• panel copy.jpg
    panel copy.jpg
    895.1 KB · Views: 322
  • landing Neil.jpg small.jpg
    landing Neil.jpg small.jpg
    504.3 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_8345.jpg
    IMG_8345.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 296
  • Dave R.RVv-12 with blur copy.jpg
    Dave R.RVv-12 with blur copy.jpg
    332.8 KB · Views: 284
IFR

I would like to have a true IFR Platform with increased speed and cargo. When you have two full size adults you're not left with much cargo. Who knows might build a 10.

Last edited:
I was the test pilot who did the initial flights and gave the builder his transition training. I can attest that this is an excellent build!

Having watched the YT videos on this airplane I would definitely say it is well-built. Most of the builds I’ve seen on YT are done with no priming so it was nice to see this plane got the full treatment. It always surprises me a little to see folks not prime anything at all when the opportunity is right there to do so, but to each their own... That said, when I start my build, I’ll definitely be priming everything. Living in the Southeastern US and planning to do a lot of coastal flying, it’s a must, IMO. Good luck with the sale!

Last edited:
Back