What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mystery tire shake

RV3bpilot

Well Known Member
I discovered the problem with my left tire shaking. Even though it was balanced it still has a small shake. I jacked up the wheel and spun it and found the tire to be out of round !! I deflated it and loosened it from the wheel and tried to make sure the tire was not somehow on the wheel crooked and filled it up with air and it is still egg shaped some.
It is not that bad of a shake so I'm going to wear off the rest of tread. But at least I know the problem.
I have read that others are suffering from mystery shaking wheels, well just maybe your tire is out or round like mine is..

About the only way to solve that problem is to remove the tire and wheel and take it to a tire service center that can true the tire. You will sacrifice tire wear for the sake of it being true and round. Rebalance after cutting and it will roll nice and true. Bill

I just need a new tire. I've looked at it real close and it is a manufacturing defect. The tire is shorter from the seal on the rim to the tread in that spot.:(

Back