What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AP servo install - Locktite?

georgemohr

Well Known Member
Hi all,

Looking over the Garmin AP servo install kit, I noticed that Vans calls out locktite on this one bolt. It's my first encounter with locktite on this build, and it has me wondering, why here?

Any insight on this, or more generally when locktite is advisable on torqued fasteners?

Regards,
George

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 94
Seems like a couple of AN3-6 bolts would solve your problem if you're concerned. Safety wire it to the other bolt head on the bracket and you're done.

Build on ...

Exactly. I feel like there's a guiding principle here I'm missing. I hope Scott hasn't deactivated his VAF account yet and is sitting on a beach somewhere...

:D :D :D

Could it be because the bolt has been installed then removed and installed again? Just a little insurance in case the nutplate has loosened off or something?

That is possible, but honestly that was true for the first assembly also. These bolts came installed in the spar and needed to be removed to install the aileron bellcrank brackets.

Back