What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GNS480 Data update

Jim - I’m having issues too on a new (never flown yet) 480. Bought the latest version of compact flash card as the original is not suitable anymore. After downloading Jepps Navdata (approx 22 mb) I got the “DB missing or corrupt” message - you having the same problem ? Check your pm.:confused:

GNS480 NAV Database

Jim - I’m having issues too on a new (never flown yet) 480. Bought the latest version of compact flash card as the original is not suitable anymore. After downloading Jepps Navdata (approx 22 mb) I got the “DB missing or corrupt” message - you having the same problem ? Check your pm.:confused:

The compact flash card must be formatted correctly, with the proper size partition (no larger then 128 MB), and proper format (FAT16). Even 4GB and 8GB cards can be setup this way. Once that is done correctly you'll have to contact Jepps to get your initial update as the data on the card is sync'ed to you subscription.

PM me if you want more information....

330drvr - yep, using the JDM method.
No need to format the Garmin supplied card ? Did not do that as I understand the Garmin card is supposed to work out of the box ? It also has an UPSAT file on it.

Fred, I’ll PM you, thanks.:)

I did replace the compact flash card once through Garmin AT. It did work out of the box. One thing I do is download the new revision to the JDM without the card in the computer. Then insert the card and update it.

The reason I needed to replace the card was that the JDM updated itself with my card in the computer and messed it all up.

Jeppesen customer service will allow you to download the update multiple times if you are having issues.

Back