What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cleaveland Dimple die

Bavafa

Well Known Member
I was wondering if anyone has had any quality issues with the Cleaveland dimple dies. I have had three of them broke off after only 40-50 dimples. This has happened in both my squeezer as well as my c-frame. The interesting part is that two of them broke at the stem and one of them at the tip. These have an o-ring retainer instead of the metal clip that you see in the older dies. My old ones are working fine probably after thousands of dimple, only the female part has some rough surface now and do make a mark on the female side.

It has been rather disappointing. I wonder where I can buy the old type that has a metal clip. These are 3/32 dies (#40)

I haven't had any problems with any of my Cleaveland dies. My dies from them have the o-ring, and the sets have the metal clip.

Last edited:
That is very surprising. My experience with Cleaveland customer support has always been exceptional; I would expect they would replace any flawed tooling right away. It is very odd that you've had three break; I've never heard of that happening with any of their dies. I've had other problems with rivet pullers that they sold; after replacing mine three times they stoppped carrying the brand and recommended other sources for other pullers. Cleaveland takes their support very seriously; they'll stand by what they sell.

The only problem I had was the pilot on the #8 was too big to fit in the hole. Cleveland replaced with no issues. Other than that they work great

Back