What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Windscreen Airplane Plastics AVAILABLE

BH1166

Well Known Member
I assumed getting a replacement windscreen ONLY was difficult, needed a blemish canopy throw away to get good front half. NOT TRUE ! Contact Jeff @ Airplane Plastics if you need a new windscreen for your RV. Purchased 2, me and a friend. Jeff as been Vans supplier for decades.

I got a windshield for my -6 maybe 5-6 years ago. Back then I had to order it from Vans and it was drop shipped by Airplane Plastics. Excellent product and service from AP but Vans ordering was difficult. If you can now order directly from Airplane Plastics, I see that as a good thing.

I agree, Jeff and Becky are wonderful people to work with. I’ve been up to their shop twice - about 45 minute drive from home. I’ve had to buy 2 “half canopies”. The back portion of an RV8, and the back slider portion of my latest RV6. In order to do this, you have to deal with Vans Aircraft first - Airplane Plastics won’t sell you a canopy for your RV directly. I was able to do this over the phone with Vans to get it paid for, and Jeff did the rest. The cost was 66% of the cost of the complete bubble, which about a year ago was $1750.00 full price. They have one mold for all three SBS RV 2-seaters, except the RV14, and it’s the same bubble whether it’s a slider or tip up. Jeff cut off the blemmed windshield with his monster band saw, placed my cracked slider canopy in his mold, traced a line around it with a sharpie, placed the new canopy in the mold, and traced the line on the new one. Then he trimmed it for me, just a little outside the line. It fit my frame very well, and I could trim to final fit with my belt sander.

Back