What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Legacy RV12 Fuel Line Question

Jcurry

Well Known Member
Hello All,
I have the 912 ULS. I would like to replace the aluminum hard line (F-1259C) that goes from the Floscan to the firewall. I was think about going back with flexible hose.
Can you buy these anywhere pre-made in either flex hose or aluminum tubing?

Thanks

I worked with TS Flighlines to create a flex line from the Flo-scan to the firewall. We did a number of back and forth with fittings and hose length until we got a correct fit. Check with Tom or Steve to see if the information about my hose might be in their records.

I worked with TS Flighlines to create a flex line from the Flo-scan to the firewall. We did a number of back and forth with fittings and hose length until we got a correct fit. Check with Tom or Steve to see if the information about my hose might be in their records.

Thanks. I'll do that.

Last edited:

Patrick,
They are showing a -6, straight fittings and straight hose, 8.75 flare to flare. They are showing one order from you. Does this sound correct? Thanks very much.

Jack,
We tried a number of fittings, straight on one end and 45 on the other, trying to find some combination to ease the insulation from the original bent rigid fuel line. I can check my records tomorrow and see if I have notes. Also I likely have a photo somewhere to check.

Thank you

Jack,
We tried a number of fittings, straight on one end and 45 on the other, trying to find some combination to ease the insulation from the original bent rigid fuel line. I can check my records tomorrow and see if I have notes. Also I likely have a photo somewhere to check.

Hi Patrick,
I have the line on order. Don't worry about checking records. I appreciate you replying to my post and offering me a solution. BTW, Tom with TS Flightlines was awesome to work with!

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, why are you replacing the rigid line with flexible? Thanks.

HelIo, I did not build my plane and it has had several owners prior to me buying it. While complying with the condition inspection, I noticed that the rigid line was bulging below one of the sleeves/collar. In my opinion, this line should have been remade. The tubing looks stressed and I was concerned that this was a potential failure point.
I ordered the flex line out of convenience and I'm glad I did as it was painless to get from TS Flightlines.

Last edited:
Back