What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X v9.21

The ability to support dynamic gauge range markings and alerts is supported through the use of engine/airframe logic signals, which are used to allow one engine/airframe parameter to affect the behavior of another, or even to affect itself.
Nice! Just three weeks ago I sent the following question to G3xpert:
In my RV12-iS there is an alert to stay below 2500 rpm until the oil temp reaches 120F. I would like to set up something similar for a low rpm alert that is only enabled below a certain airspeed. Specifically, the engine idle is set to 1550 rpm for landing, but once on the ground, the engine should not be run below 1800 rpm. Can you point me to instructions on how to set this up?

The response was less than helpful:
Bob,
Did the settings/configurations for the RV12iS come from Van's?
I am not a pilot but this makes no sense. Why would you land at 1550 RPM and then have to increase to 1800? When you are on the ground you would want to slow down and not increase the throttle??

What am I missing? The link takes me to download the older 9.14 version. Is there a 9.22 in the works? Did 9.21 get pulled back?

In good Garmin fashion, they pulled the new version due to a problem with VP-X (Vertical Power). I think an update will be out later this week though.

All excited, then.. nothing

What am I missing? The link takes me to download the older 9.14 version. Is there a 9.22 in the works? Did 9.21 get pulled back?

I got all excited and downloaded the new software and uploaded to the G3x. And now realize I didnt do anything. I dont have VPX, can i get a copy of the unmolested new version?

I have not been able to get my system updated. I get an error box on my computer when I try. I close the error box and do the download but when I put the SD card in my plane, nothing happens. I have sent several emails to garmin support with no response. They have always been very quick to help but I am getting a bit frustrated by no response. Even telling me they are working on it would help.

I do have the VPX system too.

I have not been able to get my system updated. I get an error box on my computer when I try. I close the error box and do the download but when I put the SD card in my plane, nothing happens. I have sent several emails to garmin support with no response. They have always been very quick to help but I am getting a bit frustrated by no response. Even telling me they are working on it would help.

I do have the VPX system too.

I would call them to make sure they are getting your emails.

Back