What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone tried Xpanel 5000?

wickedsprint

Well Known Member
I came across a link to this in the forums and it didn't seem to be well known. I purchased it since it's not subscription based and seems to work really well. If you pay the extra 20 bucks for the pro version it lets you print full size images if you have a kinkos nearby. It seems more intuitive than Epanelbuilder and again, it's not based on a monthly fee..and you can even create your own images to use as "gauges" or whatever..ie: I designed a cheap glove box and it allows me to manipulate the dimensions of it effortlessly. I am in no way affiliated with these guys, but I like their product and figured I'd tell more people about it since a search under their name only brings up two threads.

http://www.xpanelsoftware.com/Templates/Index.htm

Last edited:
Hey Guys!

After suffering our fourth major service outage this year, we finally bit the bullet and switched hosting companies.

I just wanted to let everyone know that our website is back up and running.

Hopefully for good! :eek:

Have a great day!

Tony

I just wanted to make sure you knew that the Professional version will print full scale panels on 8 1/2 x 11 paper as well. You only need a Kinkos if you want to print it on a single sheet of paper.

Scott

I came across a link to this in the forums and it didn't seem to be well known. I purchased it since it's not subscription based and seems to work really well. If you pay the extra 20 bucks for the pro version it lets you print full size images if you have a kinkos nearby. It seems more intuitive than Epanelbuilder and again, it's not based on a monthly fee..and you can even create your own images to use as "gauges" or whatever..ie: I designed a cheap glove box and it allows me to manipulate the dimensions of it effortlessly. I am in no way affiliated with these guys, but I like their product and figured I'd tell more people about it since a search under their name only brings up two threads.

http://www.xpanelsoftware.com/Templates/Index.htm

I tried emailing you on why my version(pro) won't allow aligning of the gauges with the icons, they are greyed out and allow no interaction when you put the cursor over them. Any ideas?

Tony,

When did you send your emial? Did you remove the spaces from the email address? I'd like to research why I didn't get it.

To use the alignment icons you have to select multiple pieces of equipment. The key to selecting multiples is to hold down the Ctrl key. Then you can rubberband them (drag your cursor around a group) or click them one at a time to add them to the selection. Once you have more then one item selected, you should see the alignment icons are no longer greyed out. Make sure you hold your control key the entire time you are working with the selected group. As soon as you let go of the Ctrl key the group is released.

Please email me if you continue to have problems.

You can try using admin @ xpanelsoftware.com (no spaces) until I verify the other address is working.

Have a great day!

Scott

PS Sorry it took so long for me to get back with you but I only got notified of your post a few minutes ago through a Google Alert.

Last edited:
installs but won't work

I am running a new Windows Vista machine. I downloaded the program to check it out before buying and it won't even start after it indicates that it had successfully installed. Tried restarting and then tried to repair - no deal, it won't even start - i get a Windows error that just says Xpanel has stopped working. :confused:
From the web site it looks great - has anyone had this problem?

Thanks

Stewart

Tony,

When did you send your emial? Did you remove the spaces from the email address? I'd like to research why I didn't get it.

To use the alignment icons you have to select multiple pieces of equipment. The key to selecting multiples is to hold down the Ctrl key. Then you can rubberband them (drag your cursor around a group) or click them one at a time to add them to the selection. Once you have more then one item selected, you should see the alignment icons are no longer greyed out. Make sure you hold your control key the entire time you are working with the selected group. As soon as you let go of the Ctrl key the group is released.

Please email me if you continue to have problems.

You can try using admin @ xpanelsoftware.com (no spaces) until I verify the other address is working.

Have a great day!

Scott

PS Sorry it took so long for me to get back with you but I only got notified of your post a few minutes ago through a Google Alert.

Got it, sorry for bothering you twice with this via email and the forums, but that was the ticket. Great program too.

Back