What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rv9A Slider C-679 Canopy slide seal fitting

Sportquattro

Well Known Member
Hi folks, can anyone shed any light on how on earth you are supposed to fit the C-679 Canopy Slide Seal? The plans only show a drawing that doesn't really give much away, and the instruction don't seem to mention it that I can see.

I sure there's a simple explanation but if anyone can share that would be fab, I have searched on here but nothing concrete came up that helped.

Thanks in advance

Nige

Ivybridge, England UK
RV9A Slider 90% done 90% to go

This is one of the last bits of the sliding canopy I haven't fitted yet, but from looking at the plans (Section G-G in drawing 42) it looks like C-679 is just pulled into place beneath the aft skirt as the canopy closes, courtesy of a length of string which is looped around the C-667 slide block.

Slider seal

This is one of the last bits of the sliding canopy I haven't fitted yet, but from looking at the plans (Section G-G in drawing 42) it looks like C-679 is just pulled into place beneath the aft skirt as the canopy closes, courtesy of a length of string which is looped around the C-667 slide block.

That's how it's supposed to work. I didn't install mine. I will find out how bad it leaks first.

Van's Tech Support told me this system does not work very well and virtually all builders just leave the seal out. It does allow a little air to leak in, but not a factor unless it is really cold.

Back