What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3EXPERT question for GTX45R

Larry DeCamp

Well Known Member
Need help to understand Dsub fabrication. The unit came with a tray and the transponder. The only parts for install are some male and female pins. The G3xtouch install manual only refers to GSU25 interface . There is no 45R section with material list for connectors or pictures of assembly parts. I am not a digital/Dsub veteran, so can you point me in the right direction ? Perhaps Stein did not include everything, but I need to know what I need to discuss it.

The G3xtouch install manual only refers to GSU25 interface .

Page 27-33 of the Rev. AM G3X Touch installation manual shows a LOT more than just GSU 25 wiring.

View attachment Page27_33.pdf

If you install all the interface, power, and ground wiring shown on that page, and perform the specified configuration, it will leap into action.

As DRMA pointed out, there is a separate installation manual for the GTX 45R that will help out with required parts like connectors and antennas.

Let us know if you have more questions.

Steve

Need help to understand Dsub fabrication. The unit came with a tray and the transponder. The only parts for install are some male and female pins. The G3xtouch install manual only refers to GSU25 interface . There is no 45R section with material list for connectors or pictures of assembly parts. I am not a digital/Dsub veteran, so can you point me in the right direction ? Perhaps Stein did not include everything, but I need to know what I need to discuss it.

The unit should have come with the backplate and both connectors/back shells.

G3x Power & Grounding ?

Several LRU's show multiple power and ground ports on the Dsub. Specifically, I am working with the GTX45R pinouts. I assumed this was available for redundancy/security. However, A SteinAir phone-con suggested this is also done to supply separate components of the boards to keep wire size small and handle the load.

So, does anyone know how to discern when Power1 or 2 or x is optional or required.

Several LRU's show multiple power and ground ports on the Dsub. Specifically, I am working with the GTX45R pinouts. I assumed this was available for redundancy/security. However, A SteinAir phone-con suggested this is also done to supply separate components of the boards to keep wire size small and handle the load.

So, does anyone know how to discern when Power1 or 2 or x is optional or required.

Hi Larry,

As shown on page 27-33 (drawing I attached above), dual power inputs are supported for the GTX 45R, and Power 2 is optional. And yes, you have to wire either power input to 2 pins each like shown in the installation manual.

GTX 45R Power.png

Steve

Last edited:
Back