- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 01-13-2017, 03:27 PM

Default FAA Letter - Navworx

Looking thru my mail this afternoon and I have a letter from the FAA...heart rate always goes up a bit as I rarely have reason to receive letters from the FSDO.

Anyway, it goes on to say that they are reaching out to me because I have installed a Navworx ADS600-B and they would like to inspect my airplane and installation in order to gain more information about the Navworx units. After numerous attempts to contact Navworx, they have apparently not been granted access to the facility...

What say the masses?

Anyone else get the letter?

Bill (Navworx)?

Pretty sure I have no desire to let the FAA come inspect my plane...but curious to see what everyone thinks :-)
Old 01-13-2017, 03:36 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by txshan130 View Post
Looking thru my mail this afternoon and I have a letter from the FAA...heart rate always goes up a bit as I rarely have reason to receive letters from the FSDO.

Anyway, it goes on to say that they are reaching out to me because I have installed a Navworx ADS600-B and they would like to inspect my airplane and installation in order to gain more information about the Navworx units. After numerous attempts to contact Navworx, they have apparently not been granted access to the facility...

What say the masses?

Anyone else get the letter?

Bill (Navworx)?

Pretty sure I have no desire to let the FAA come inspect my plane...but curious to see what everyone thinks :-)
I got this on the Grumman List today. Maybe relevant -

Until today NavWorx had a long, detailed letter on its home page explaining the dispute with the FAA and asserting that the FAA was unfairly "sabotaging its business." Today the letter and any mention of the FAA's Notice of Proposed Rulemaking calling for an AD is gone. It is like the dispute never existed. They are advertising their products as FAA approved. So, while I have seen nothing definitive, it looks like NavWorx (and its customers) won.
Stay tuned.

But this was for a certified plane.
RV-6A N61GX - finally flying
Grumman Tiger N12GA - flying
La Cholla Airpark (57AZ) Tucson AZ
Old 01-13-2017, 03:37 PM

Default I would let them look at mine, but

I have a EXP and I am in Florida. Anything that would help get the Navworx issue resolved, I am for. (Cannot believe Navworx (Bill) position!!)

Ron
IO360, 180HP/CS, AFS 5600T, D10A, G650, G430, G327, ADS-B, VIZ385 AP
Very Happy Contributor
Comm, SMEL, CFII, A&P
Based at KCLW (Clearwater, FL)
Old 01-13-2017, 03:38 PM

Keeping my fingers crossed...but that doesn't really jive with the letter I got today.
Old 01-13-2017, 03:50 PM

Default Let them come take a look

The only way the FAA is going to resolve the "pisxxxg contest" going on right now with the NavWorx system is for them to examine the system and determine whether it meets "standards." Since your's is not the exp system means it's probably correctly installed in a certificated airplane by an A&P. You've got an investment made into this system (as do a bunch of other folks) and if I were you I would want the issue resolved sooner rather than later.

I don't think NavWorx is going to survive and if they do they've just about ruined there customer base with their own actions. I know I've just about crossed them off as a possible ads-b solution for my RV because of the FAA problems and their responses (or lack there of) to their customers.

Try to salvage your investment and let the FAA look at it.
Superior XPIO-360, Hartzel CS prop, Aerotronics panel with Dual GRT Horizon WS, EIS, Garmin 340, 335 w/WAAS gps, Dual 430s (non-WAAS), TruTrak 385 A/P with auto-level, Electric trim, Tosten 6 button Military Grips, FlightBox wired to WS, Dynon D10A w/battery backup, 406 MHz ELT. Custom Interior, New TS Flightline hoses, Great POH!
Retired - Living the dream - going broke!
Old 01-13-2017, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankerpilot75 View Post
The only way the FAA is going to resolve the "pisxxxg contest" going on right now with the NavWorx system is for them to examine the system and determine whether it meets "standards." Since your's is not the exp system means it's probably correctly installed in a certificated airplane by an A&P. You've got an investment made into this system (as do a bunch of other folks) and if I were you I would want the issue resolved sooner rather than later.

I don't think NavWorx is going to survive and if they do they've just about ruined there customer base with their own actions. I know I've just about crossed them off as a possible ads-b solution for my RV because of the FAA problems and their responses (or lack there of) to their customers.

Try to salvage your investment and let the FAA look at it.
Actually...it's in an RV6.

They are asking for invoices, copies of installation sign-off, copy of Flight Manual Supplement, etc...
Old 01-13-2017, 04:05 PM

good chance they want to see what's actually inside that box (like what GPS is in there actually).. doubt that your install signoff is really important to them..
Old 01-13-2017, 05:08 PM

Location: Bay Pines, FL, building in Andrews, NC (new base @ KRHP)

I posted on another thread that not only has Navworx removed the letter from their website, the prices went up $200
Old 01-13-2017, 05:22 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by txshan130 View Post
Actually...it's in an RV6.

They are asking for invoices, copies of installation sign-off, copy of Flight Manual Supplement, etc...
Does and ADSB OUT need a "Flight Manual Supplement" in a homebuilt?
RV-6A N61GX - finally flying
Grumman Tiger N12GA - flying
La Cholla Airpark (57AZ) Tucson AZ
Old 01-13-2017, 05:58 PM

In lite of these recent events... navworx taking the letter from their site, the FAA wanting to have a look and not that I like any price increases but navworx raising prices all seems to indicate a little hint of sunshine on the horizion!
RV 7A, Lycoming 0 320 D1A, Sensenich FP propeller
pilotforfun2001@yahoo.com
VAF supporter $$$