VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

-POSTING RULES
-Advertise in here!
- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

  #1  
Old 01-13-2017, 03:27 PM
txshan130 txshan130 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 142
Default FAA Letter - Navworx

Looking thru my mail this afternoon and I have a letter from the FAA...heart rate always goes up a bit as I rarely have reason to receive letters from the FSDO.

Anyway, it goes on to say that they are reaching out to me because I have installed a Navworx ADS600-B and they would like to inspect my airplane and installation in order to gain more information about the Navworx units. After numerous attempts to contact Navworx, they have apparently not been granted access to the facility...

What say the masses?

Anyone else get the letter?

Bill (Navworx)?

Pretty sure I have no desire to let the FAA come inspect my plane...but curious to see what everyone thinks :-)
__________________
Brian Shannon
Katy, TX
RV6 N7463B
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-13-2017, 03:36 PM
az_gila's Avatar
az_gila az_gila is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: 57AZ - NW Tucson area
Posts: 10,011
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by txshan130 View Post
Looking thru my mail this afternoon and I have a letter from the FAA...heart rate always goes up a bit as I rarely have reason to receive letters from the FSDO.

Anyway, it goes on to say that they are reaching out to me because I have installed a Navworx ADS600-B and they would like to inspect my airplane and installation in order to gain more information about the Navworx units. After numerous attempts to contact Navworx, they have apparently not been granted access to the facility...

What say the masses?

Anyone else get the letter?

Bill (Navworx)?

Pretty sure I have no desire to let the FAA come inspect my plane...but curious to see what everyone thinks :-)
I got this on the Grumman List today. Maybe relevant -

Until today NavWorx had a long, detailed letter on its home page explaining the dispute with the FAA and asserting that the FAA was unfairly "sabotaging its business." Today the letter and any mention of the FAA's Notice of Proposed Rulemaking calling for an AD is gone. It is like the dispute never existed. They are advertising their products as FAA approved. So, while I have seen nothing definitive, it looks like NavWorx (and its customers) won.
Stay tuned.


But this was for a certified plane.
__________________
Gil Alexander
EAA Technical Counselor, Airframe Mechanic
Half completed RV-10 QB purchased
RV-6A N61GX - finally flying
Grumman Tiger N12GA - flying
La Cholla Airpark (57AZ) Tucson AZ
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-13-2017, 03:37 PM
RONSIM's Avatar
RONSIM RONSIM is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Largo, FL
Posts: 1,049
Default I would let them look at mine, but

I have a EXP and I am in Florida. Anything that would help get the Navworx issue resolved, I am for. (Cannot believe Navworx (Bill) position!!)

Ron
__________________
RV-10 Co-built, maintained, flown (sold)
RV-8A Maintained and flown (Sold)
RV-6A Bought and Flying (N177RV), upgrades $$$
IO360, 180HP/CS, AFS 5600T, D10A, G650, G430, G327, ADS-B, VIZ385 AP
Very Happy Contributor
Comm, SMEL, CFII, A&P
Based at KCLW (Clearwater, FL)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-13-2017, 03:38 PM
txshan130 txshan130 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 142
Default

Keeping my fingers crossed...but that doesn't really jive with the letter I got today.
__________________
Brian Shannon
Katy, TX
RV6 N7463B
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-13-2017, 03:50 PM
Tankerpilot75's Avatar
Tankerpilot75 Tankerpilot75 is online now
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 587
Default Let them come take a look

The only way the FAA is going to resolve the "pisxxxg contest" going on right now with the NavWorx system is for them to examine the system and determine whether it meets "standards." Since your's is not the exp system means it's probably correctly installed in a certificated airplane by an A&P. You've got an investment made into this system (as do a bunch of other folks) and if I were you I would want the issue resolved sooner rather than later.

I don't think NavWorx is going to survive and if they do they've just about ruined there customer base with their own actions. I know I've just about crossed them off as a possible ads-b solution for my RV because of the FAA problems and their responses (or lack there of) to their customers.

Try to salvage your investment and let the FAA look at it.
__________________
Jim Harris, ATP, T38, EC/KC-135A/E/R, 2008 RV7A, 2nd owner, N523RM (2015)
Superior XPIO-360, Hartzel CS prop, Aerotronics panel with Dual GRT Horizon WS, EIS, Garmin 340, 335 w/WAAS gps, Dual 430s (non-WAAS), TruTrak 385 A/P with auto-level, Electric trim, Tosten 6 button Military Grips, FlightBox wired to WS, Dynon D10A w/battery backup, 406 MHz ELT. Custom Interior, New TS Flightline hoses, Great POH!
Retired - Living the dream - going broke!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-13-2017, 03:58 PM
txshan130 txshan130 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankerpilot75 View Post
The only way the FAA is going to resolve the "pisxxxg contest" going on right now with the NavWorx system is for them to examine the system and determine whether it meets "standards." Since your's is not the exp system means it's probably correctly installed in a certificated airplane by an A&P. You've got an investment made into this system (as do a bunch of other folks) and if I were you I would want the issue resolved sooner rather than later.

I don't think NavWorx is going to survive and if they do they've just about ruined there customer base with their own actions. I know I've just about crossed them off as a possible ads-b solution for my RV because of the FAA problems and their responses (or lack there of) to their customers.

Try to salvage your investment and let the FAA look at it.
Actually...it's in an RV6.

They are asking for invoices, copies of installation sign-off, copy of Flight Manual Supplement, etc...
__________________
Brian Shannon
Katy, TX
RV6 N7463B
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-13-2017, 04:05 PM
Radomir's Avatar
Radomir Radomir is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,524
Default

good chance they want to see what's actually inside that box (like what GPS is in there actually).. doubt that your install signoff is really important to them..
__________________
Radomir
RV-7A sold
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-13-2017, 05:08 PM
roadrunner20's Avatar
roadrunner20 roadrunner20 is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bay Pines, FL, building in Andrews, NC (new base @ KRHP)
Posts: 1,957
Default

I posted on another thread that not only has Navworx removed the letter from their website, the prices went up $200
__________________
Danny "RoadRunner" Landry
Morphed RV7(formally 7A), N20DL, PnP Pilot
1200+ hours
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-13-2017, 05:22 PM
az_gila's Avatar
az_gila az_gila is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: 57AZ - NW Tucson area
Posts: 10,011
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by txshan130 View Post
Actually...it's in an RV6.

They are asking for invoices, copies of installation sign-off, copy of Flight Manual Supplement, etc...
Does and ADSB OUT need a "Flight Manual Supplement" in a homebuilt?
__________________
Gil Alexander
EAA Technical Counselor, Airframe Mechanic
Half completed RV-10 QB purchased
RV-6A N61GX - finally flying
Grumman Tiger N12GA - flying
La Cholla Airpark (57AZ) Tucson AZ
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-13-2017, 05:58 PM
Paul 5r4 Paul 5r4 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Foley, Al
Posts: 597
Default

In lite of these recent events... navworx taking the letter from their site, the FAA wanting to have a look and not that I like any price increases but navworx raising prices all seems to indicate a little hint of sunshine on the horizion!
__________________
Paul Gray
Foley, Alabama
N729PG..... 450+ hrs
RV 7A, Lycoming 0 320 D1A, Sensenich FP propeller
pilotforfun2001@yahoo.com
VAF supporter $$$
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:56 AM.


The VAFForums come to you courtesy Delta Romeo, LLC. By viewing and participating in them you agree to build your plane using standardized methods and practices and to fly it safely and in accordance with the laws governing the country you are located in.