What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for ideas for fuse rotisserie

Rotisserie

I can email you some photos of mine , 2x2 square tube on casters . ( you can post them if you like )
Tom

rotisserie

Bret I installed a piece of plywood in the access area for the firewall wrapped in Home Depot angle and then clecoed in place. My tail fork rested on a metal sawhorse.
I didnt care for it and built a rolling frame that the fuselage sits on and Im much more happy.I like working on the fuselage nice and level and secured with the locking casters.

DSCN1503.JPG

9.JPG

Last edited:
Harbor freight engine stand and dolly (to make the stand more upright so the fuse sits level). Assorted hardware and steel angle from Home Depot.

test.png

I used the same system as Arnie's above, but fastened the metal pivot frame to a frame work of 2x4's anchored to the four corners of the firewall/engine mount

Talk about timing.
I got my QB 8 fus today and was thinking about how to hang it on a rotisserie.
The firewall looks easy. Anybody have a brilliant idea for the back? Something in the tailwheel attach tube was the best I could come up with during the two minutes I thought about it.

I used harbor freight engine stand, removed the forward wheels to fix the tilt and put the aft fuse on a sawhorse. Worked like a charm.

i have one in vegas

you are welcome to borrow for as long as you need it. built n
my 7a on it. great back saver!

Thanks for the offer Frazitl. little far to drive, I have an engine stand and mig, tig, plazma. time to get busy. great ideas out there. Thanks all.

I used harbor freight engine stand, removed the forward wheels to fix the tilt and put the aft fuse on a sawhorse. Worked like a charm.

Same here, except I stuck a pipe of pipe into the tailwheel weldment and set it on a jackstand. That way I could spin the fuse inverted (to work on gear, brake lines etc).

Back