What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

4th Oil Analysis Report

grjtucson

Well Known Member
I'm in the middle of my first annual condition inspection and just got back my fourth oil analysis. Was "nervousing" a tiny bit about early reports but things are headed in the right direction and I thought this might be of interest to others that are in the early part of engine use and maintenance.

I really like Blackstone. Their turn time grew to ~3 weeks for this last report versus less than a week for prior reports. Guessing they're busy though it could just as easily be USPS. Not at all worried about it, just putting it out there as a recent data point FYI.

Attachments

• N567AJ-221106.pdf
    19.3 KB · Views: 220
Thanks for posting this George. Awaiting my first oil analysis.

What did your oil look like in the pan after draining.

Oil color

I've done 5 total, the first after ~10 hours was black as coal, didn't have that analyzed. They've been getting progressively more greenish, the 4 subsequent changes have all been ~25 hours each.
Thanks for posting this George. Awaiting my first oil analysis.

What did your oil look like in the pan after draining.

I think this is good news, George!
We should celebrate with another RV lunch fly out. :)

Defininitely! I need to get out to your neck of the woods, your coast pictures had me yearning...

Maybe our next lunch is up central coast way, Santa Ynez/Santa Maria/San Luis Obispo area?

I think this is good news, George!
We should celebrate with another RV lunch fly out. :)

Defininitely! I need to get out to your neck of the woods, your coast pictures had me yearning...

Maybe our next lunch is up central coast way, Santa Ynez/Santa Maria/San Luis Obispo area?

I’m sure several of us would be up for that .. L52 has a restaurant nearby .. but it’s a heck of a haul for you!

Back